Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What make clutch is this????

+3
Gtirchris
ROB_IOW
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What make clutch is this???? Empty What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 8:41 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Hi guys
I hoping someone on here can identify this clutch I have. I bought this off a guy breaking a car up a while ago as it still had to good meat left on it. He told the clutch was an Exedy. But after some research using the serial numbers and looking at pics of clutches I still carnt find it.
Ive also spoke to someone at Exedy and after sending the info they wanted nobody got back to me.
If anyone recognises it please let me know? Just want to check its up to scratch for running a 300bhp ish car.

[img]What make clutch is this???? IMG_1366_zps7eff2407[/img]
[img]What make clutch is this???? IMG_1365_zpsae1ca3a4[/img]
[img]What make clutch is this???? IMG_1364_zpsbec2af87[/img]
[img]What make clutch is this???? IMG_1367_zpsb2b43d0c[/img]

It has these serial codes
Clutch cover = NDS-275
Clutch plate = RS650 Y4

2What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 8:47 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Looking at the pressure plate it looks like it's not been used for that clutch plate ..  Rust marks on pressure plate don't match the paddle clutch friction surfaces ...  

The friction surface should be able to hold 300bhp .
It's if that's the right pressure plate to match that's my concern

I'd say that's a standard pressure plate

3What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 8:51 pm

Gtirchris

The RS650-Y4 number is a Nismo part number, if you google it there is a page on there on Zilvia.net relating to it, 9 puk copper mix clutch plate, as for the clutch cover I don't know mate, maybe someone else can shed some light on it. I would have thought the clutch plate will be more than capable of 300 hp, depending on it's condition and remaining life. Check the centre hub splines for wear though as if it has come out of an S series car and 'clutch kicked' when drifting they will most likely be knackered, if indeed it will even fit on a GTI-R input shaft!.

Last edited by Gtirchris on 30th March 2015, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

4What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 8:54 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Yeh I rang him about that soon after and he said it had been sat on a different clutch plate and been left out in the rain.  do you think it could leave marks like that just through being out in rain on top of another clutch? this is what has got suspicious about what it is.

5What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 9:41 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Ive just tried googling that again chris and still carnt see that page on zilvia.net Can u post me a link to it if poss mate.

I will have a look at the splines aswell for wear. Ive got a spare gearbox in the garage so will have a look if fits the shaft tomorow. Ive just assumed it would until now. I will let u know.
Thanks

6What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 30th March 2015, 9:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

The pressure plate is a nismo cover 
They were normally supplied with an organic clutch plate, we've had a few in the past and it looks as though one was originally fitted to that particular cover plate.
Not however came across that friction plate before but positive it will handle around 300lbft torque as will the cover plate assuming as chris said there is no major spring wear or excess clutch centre movement, but sure it will bolt on ok

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 31st March 2015, 2:55 pm

hagger

The friction disc is also nismo,i had the exact same friction disc on my car.Its part of a nismo sport clutch kit.Its a great clutch but i found the pressure plate very heavy.

8What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 31st March 2015, 3:54 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

That's great news. Thanks for that guys. Very Happy Just wasn't sure what I had there. I quite happy with that. I bet there an expensive bit of kit them nismo kits are they.

My left leg has just winced though at the thought of another load of abuse coming it's way. I had an RPS max street in before this so it's already shredded. Don't drive it much anyway.

Thanks all

9What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 31st March 2015, 6:48 pm

hagger

Found this on OZ ebay, this is how much the friction disc costs ;-)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISMO-CLUTCH-DISC-SPORTS-FULL-DISC-BUT-TYPE-W-SPRUNG-CENTRE-30100-RS650-/321214288346

10What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 31st March 2015, 11:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

TOMMYPRU.GTIR wrote:

My left leg has just winced though at the thought of another load of abuse coming it's way.  I had an RPS max street in before this so it's already shredded.  

The rps clutches are as bad as they get with regard to being heavy and for causing damage to associated parts

So That will be a pussycat compared to rps

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 12:24 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

surprisingly those Nismo clutches are done by Valeo !
I had an organic one & never remember seeing Valeo stamps !
Is your disc & cover with Valeo stamps ?
will be far better & lighter clutch pedal than the RPS max .
What make clutch is this???? Rs650

12What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 8:40 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

No valeo stamps on it Mr b. Just the serial numbers and Made in Japan.

Thanks for that link hagger.

And yes bob I think it's that RPS that has damaged my current Gearbox. I've got a horrible noise on tick over and wen I drop the clutch noise stops. Is that the input shaft?

13What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 8:49 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Could also be the the thrust bearing ???

14What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 9:05 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

TOMMYPRU.GTIR wrote:No valeo stamps on it Mr b. Just the serial numbers and Made in Japan.

Thanks for that link hagger.  

And  yes bob I think it's that RPS that has damaged my current Gearbox.   I've got a horrible noise on tick over and wen I drop the clutch noise stops. Is that the input shaft?
Yeh I never seen Valeo on one I handled & as made in Japan thought unlikely be done by Valeo ! one on eBay Valeo !!
What sort of noise deep rumbly scuffy bearing noise.
Normally with gearbox noises you hear them decelerate once clutch depressed.
With release bearing you should be able lightly press clutch to load bearing lightly & distinguish if release bearing.by noise changes to small clutch travel movement.

15What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 9:22 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Yeh that's it. Rumbling noise and then wen I depress the clutch it stops.

16What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 9:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best bet is listen to gearbox with stethoscope or long screw driver. Could probably tell easily as internal box noise is highly distinguishable over scuffy dry sound of release bearing but experience helps here .
normally a release bearing will be making more noise as depressed (but not always)
Gearbox noise will stop as soon as clutch in & gearbox comes to rotational stop.

17What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 10:48 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Thanks Mr b. Will have a listen to it soon as I can get it on ramps and get someone pressing clutch. I am taking the box out in a few weeks anyway. Wen I do get it out will I be able to see damage to release bearing if it is that. What am I looking for there.

Got a box to go in now but I will be having this one rebuilt if it needs it.

18What make clutch is this???? Empty Re: What make clutch is this???? 1st April 2015, 12:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Notchyness as you turn it and alot of side moment type thing ....i dont know how else to explain it really lol ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum