Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car won't start

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Car won't start  Empty Car won't start 22nd January 2015, 12:22 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

My mate that bought my car off me floored it when I said not to and a coupling on the z32 popped off ( z32 is on a blow by set up).
He then coasted to a stop, refit the coupling but the car was a bit flooded so was running rough but continued to drive it coughing and spluttering for about a mile or 2 and nothing changed. He called and I told him to stop and turn it off.

So we got it back, got rid of the un burnt fuel, changed the plugs, changed the oil as fuel got into it so it got bore washed a bit, changed the leads, checked the spark and fuel getting to the cylinders and all is fine.

A compression test showed 180 on 2 cylinders and 160 on the other 2.

I've changed the z32 sard 700s and mapped ecu for standard parts but no differnt so have put the z32, 700s and mapped ecu back in. All vac and boost pipes are fine.

It's turning over, nearly half a tank of vpower and enough juice in the battery but it's not even trying to start, no coughing or spluttering, it just won't fire at all.

Has anyone else got any other ideas please? I'm a bit stumped!

Cheers

2Car won't start  Empty Re: Car won't start 1st February 2015, 4:21 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

sounds like my issue which was fuel pump related but might not be if your getting fuel

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

3Car won't start  Empty Re: Car won't start 2nd February 2015, 7:12 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Sorted this out now, was looking in the wrong areas, was told he was only doing 4k revs and the boost pope popped off but 2 shims had snapped!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum