Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best manifold

+2
Mr B
Chrism
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best manifold Empty Best manifold 13th January 2015, 4:06 am

Chrism

Looking at getting a tubular manifold what's the best one people have..???

2Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 5:12 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

In most cases you better porting & ceramic coating the standard manifold.
A few decent steel manifolds have been made such as some sold by DP motorsport, KS racing & probably best bet is Mr Ro_Sunny making one up to your requirements.
cheap eBay/Chinese ones are next to useless long term & compared to ported manifold not much or any better in performance.

3Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 6:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

As above ^ however I did look at getting a protech equal length manifold about 3 years. I liked the quality and design but the shipping was way too expensive from the states I think it was.

4Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 7:38 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Shipping is a killer on USA stuff, shame as they do have some usable stuff at great prices to domestic market.
Ro_Sunny done an equal length stock position & could probably make another one but quality manifold is not cheap.
Personally for under 400hp I would work with original & add decent elbow & spend spare money on decent 70-75mm exhaust ...

5Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 7:59 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Same situation getting stuff from the UK, so many things Id like to get but the exchange and shipping just doesn't make it worthwhile Sad

6Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 8:14 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

UK guys think same when want a Modena diff & Par gearset :-D

7Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 9:29 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good point +1 to Australia Laughing

8Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 9:44 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I'll give you Oz guys 5 points for that Modena diff, simply awesome.
People want cut out buying shit & put funds to a Modena as makes a HUGE difference to the R's handling/performance.
The latest revised PAR gearsets are good spec too for the price here in Asia.

No worthy exhaust manifolds n Oz then ?

9Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 9:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I think we are pretty lucky that Modena produced them and supported a small community, it's really good to see. I'm using a 6Boost manifold which are a local company, pretty affordable and good quality. They make a lot of manifolds for a range of different cars and imo pretty well regarded.

10Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 2:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pictures please mr woody .... whats affordable ?

11Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 6:26 pm

grim_d

grim_d

The company my mapper owns are 6boost dealers. £840Inc vat, t3 entry but they will customise.

The question isn't what power level does a standard manifold hinder performance?

12Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 13th January 2015, 8:37 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'll dig around and see if I have any photos of it off the car. When I brought mine they only did high mount manifolds for R's and either internal/ external gate and or twin scroll. External only had an outlet so you then need additional fabrication to mount the wastegate. That price seems high but I guess you need to factor freight which is the killer for you guys.

When I looked at getting that manifold from the states shipping was almost $500us!!!

13Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 17th January 2015, 7:54 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah I'm going to go back to a standard one and ceramic coat it. Zircotec ceramic coat them I think. And lots of colours to choose from to suit your bay!!!

14Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 18th January 2015, 4:58 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I can't exactly remember but the standard manifold will prevent you from running a larger front housing. On my old motor a had to space the standard manifold out so that a 3inch front housing on the tuebo wouldn't hit the block, so something else to consider. Alternately people have grinded the block.

15Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 18th January 2015, 7:08 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

6boost have a uk website I believe.
Personally I would of thought most UK/Europe owners needing custom manifold would best be talking with Ro-Sunny ...

16Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 18th January 2015, 8:14 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It does have a uk website .... it doesnt list a manifold for the pulsar though ....most of there manifolds a 1000 quid ....

17Best manifold Empty Re: Best manifold 18th January 2015, 8:44 pm

grim_d

grim_d

They don't list on the website but they will do them, I have seen them listed before.

Just an FYI though, they are mild steel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum