Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exhaust Manifold

+3
DC313
johnny gtir
Zia
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Exhaust Manifold Empty Exhaust Manifold 18th March 2019, 6:45 pm

Zia

Looking to get a decent strong tubular exhaust manifold made up for Gtir, use to be a few you could get like the Dp motorsport and greddy but non of these are available
so just looking at my option

Protech manifold usa looks very strong, but its quite expensive

i approached a uk company that is willing to make one but they need the vehicle,and will cost £1000 and are unable to to do the oil and water line to go with it.

there are few ebay copie but i'd rather not buy something that isn't going to last
plus most of them don't have external wastegate ports

Zia

2Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 18th March 2019, 9:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There is a German company dose them. £1000 is steep

3Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 7:47 am

DC313

DC313

Hey Zia,

I think we chatted before about manifolds, I'll drop you a PM.

4Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 7:49 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I have a 6boost manifold, there are different options available, would probably work out cheaper landed over there than £1000

as an example

https://www.golebysparts.com.au/parts/view/1349/163/turbo-manifolds/nissan/6boost-manifold-sr20-turbo-gtir

5Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 6:40 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Out of curiosity, what power are you aming for?

6Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 6:45 pm

Zia

Close to 420 bhp or so.

zia

7Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 7:51 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Zia wrote:Close to 420 bhp or so.

zia

Stock is proven to be good for 450bhp unless you want a different T at the end.

8Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 19th March 2019, 9:04 pm

Zia

proven as in rolling road printout?

would like to see that,i assume using a bigger turbo etc

Zia

9Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 4:17 am

ducie54

ducie54

astarozna wrote:
Zia wrote:Close to 420 bhp or so.

zia

Stock is proven to be good for 450bhp unless you want a different T at the end.

Have u got data on back to back results from stock to aftermarket? Like EGT, back pressure or individual lambda?

10Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 6:52 am

astarozna

astarozna

Me personally have no paper to prove it....yet, working on it. I guess Bob could resolve this easily. If you going T3 then there's no point for futhure discussion. Laughing
My opinnion is: if you're motor is healty then 420bhp can be achieved without single bank monitoring. How many of us run such a setup, single EGT or lambda?

11Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 10:50 am

ducie54

ducie54

It's always the ones that have the cast manifold that make these claims. Am I wrong here? Those that want to learn spend time and money working out how to improve efficiently.

There is no way I would put a new garrett G25 series on a stock manifold.

12Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 12:21 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

So many opinions on manifold design that more than one option/opinion can be right .
While the standard manifold not best for everyone's needs it is one of those original parts that pretty usable and reliable.
I've had good results when used standard ported manifolds and custom elbows, good custom manifolds are expensive and hard source but worth effort if your build plans really call for it .

13Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 4:38 pm

astarozna

astarozna

ducie54 wrote:There is no way I would put a new garrett G25 series on a stock manifold.
G25 550 or 660? Either way 420bhp would be waste in my opinion. And yes i wouldn't use stock manifold for G25 either, but i you're case i would make an exeption. You send it to me and i'll put it on stock manifold and dyno it... Laughing

14Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 20th March 2019, 10:12 pm

Zia

[quote=]"There is no way I would put a new garrett G25 series on a stock manifold."[/quote]

Heard alot rumours about these turbo,saying they give same amount power as 3071r but spool up 1000 rpm sooner? was looking at comparing compressor map and it seem it flow alittle more that 3071r on paper.

Zia

15Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 21st March 2019, 9:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

ducie54 wrote:
There is no way I would put a new garrett G25 series on a stock manifold.

I have to agree I wouldn't be spending all that money putting a new turbo on a stock manifold however can come down to budget and what you are looking for but it will work. Do you get the most out of a stock manifold? no IMO. Will upgrading turbo see better results with a stock manifold? yes. When looking at your engine, does an aftermarket manifold increase your cum affect,  yes.

16Exhaust Manifold Empty Re: Exhaust Manifold 21st March 2019, 1:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It’s getting a good one built right macine the face a good gasket there a lot of hassle and yes bracing them helps but even £700+ ones cause hassle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum