Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

relocating washer bottle

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1relocating washer bottle  Empty relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 1:19 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Just thought I would add this as seems like a good write up, was originally posted on modifiers site by chris g :-

Some of you might want to do this in order to fit a fmic! Please bare in mind I'm no English scholar, so if anything is unclear or you can verify the names of certain parts let me know and I'll edit it accordingly

Pretty easy really but some tips which might save you a bit of time and effort (took me about 4 hours in all but could have had it done in about 3 if I hadn't had to go out and get more bitshttp://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0">)

You'll need about 7 metres of black wire and 7 metres of red (or whatever colour you want to use, think on the car they are orange and green), some wire joiners (i just used those tube style red uns) 2 connectors for the washer tubing, and a couple of metres of the tubing itself.

Firstly jack up your car and take off your drivers side front wheel!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/chrisguest/Pulsar/HubandStrut.jpg" border="0">

Then you'll need to remove the inner arch by undoing several screws around the outside of the arch and some of those expanding type screws (don't know their propper name) near the front of the car, on the inside of the arch and a few dotted around towards the back of the arch.

Then remove the air duct for the brakes by undoing 3 10mm bolts at the front (just under the frony of the bumper and another of those expanding screws on the inside of the arch.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/chrisguest/Pulsar/washerbottleinwing.jpg" border="0">

If it isn't already empty (as you can see mine was fullhttp://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif" border="0"> drain the bottle by carfully removing one of the pumps (you'll be suprised how much they hold!). Remove the power supplys from the top of both pumps, and the tubing from the pumps too.

Take the funnel part of the bottle off, it takes a bit of persuasion but will come, from inside the engine bay. There are only 3 10mm bolts holding the bottle in place, remove these and withdraw the bottle http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif" border="0">.

You need to extend the power supplys to the back of the car, I'd already measured roughly how much wire I'd need, I'd allow 3 1/2 metres from front to back and wrap 2 seperate lots of wire in insulating tape. Cut of the connectors to the pumps leaving enough wire to join them again in the boot, and crimp (or solder) the new wires to the existing ones and insulte well. NB I found it easier to feed the new wires from inside the car to the arch through the grommet for the bonnet release than the other way round.

While you are at the front of the car, under the bonnet disconnect the washer tube from the feeds to the jets and replace it with the tube which would have come from the rear wiper pump (clear tube), it will probably need shortening slightly, so now you should have the black tube which would have come from the front pump to the front jets spare, and at the mo the front jets are directly connected to the back jets.

Feed the wires down the inside of the car behind the carpet. You will probably need to remove the back seat, and free off the rear door card. If you want to do it properly (I did, open up the black plastic casing inside the sill that carrys the loom to the back of the car and place the wires in there, its a lot tidyer) under the corner of the back seat and into the boot, and rejoin the pump connectors.

Inside the black casing is also the washer tubing. A few inches from the back of the door cut it, and join enough new tubing to reach the boot with one of the joiners. Feed that tubing to the boot using the same route you used for the wiring. Behind the rear door card you should be able to see where the washer tube to the rear wiper goes, as this is now free because you cut it pull it from the casing and feed it directly under the corner of the rear seat and straight to the boot, it may also need lengthening slightly.

You should now be ready to join everything up to the tank in the boot, I put mine behind the drivers side tail light and used some tie wraps to hold it in place (looks better than it sounds! lol)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/chrisguest/Pulsar/washerbottleinboot.jpg" border="0">

2relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 4:53 pm

stevie904

is that the only pic you took

3relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 8:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

He didnt do the how to mate it was taken from another site ...

4relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 8:09 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Yep, took from modifiers site, was planning on doing this myself so put it here so its easy to find when I need it!

5relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 8:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Not that it makes a huge difference anyway but I spliced the wiring for the washer pump from the plug under steering column, just so I wasn't doubling up and tracing the same wires back into the car (if that makes sense)

6relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 1st January 2015, 11:02 pm

stevie904

I have pics of the conversion for those that need them as I did one of the how to's on the oc/modifiers

7relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 2nd January 2015, 11:28 am

toaster55

toaster55

stick them up mate! every little bit helps! Very Happy

8relocating washer bottle  Empty Re: relocating washer bottle 2nd January 2015, 1:12 pm

stevie904

toaster55 wrote:stick them up mate! every little bit helps!  Very Happy

Will try and did them out later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum