Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 4:42 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Got some spare time on my hands & I want to relocate ignition amp & reearth maf, not that I have any issues but just for piece of mind basis!

Dous the ignition amp have to be bolted back on to metal ie chassis or something? As on the back of the amplifier its metal so just wonderd if this is for an earth? or can it be repositioned anywhere that dousnt contact metal?

Also reearthing the maf, where is best to earth it from? Is 1 of the 2 earthing points on top of plenum above injectors ok?

2Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 5:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I set both onto the earthing point on the inner wing so it wasnt a problem bolted the amplifier as moved it closer to the maf where i relocated it behind the headlight as battery is in the boot now .

3Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 5:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Do you have to sit the ign amp on bare metal to create an earth point or are the not earthed?

4Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 6:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not sure tbh i stuck the earth off the maf on the body then the amplifier on top so i just earthed it just in case it needed to be .

5Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 6:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

ok cheers mate Smile

6Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 7:02 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the ignition amp will work fine with no earth but it may shorten its lifespan so I would attach it to a body earth somewhere if I were you

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 7:08 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok that's a job for me tomorrow then & ill re earth maf aswell Smile

8Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 10:22 pm

johnboy

johnboy

It's bolted to the metal for a heat sink.
As Bob says wont last long without.

9Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 20th August 2013, 10:24 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep ill bolt it to the chassis just behind battery, so It will obviously be touching metal

10Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 21st August 2013, 11:00 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you go to a motorfactors you can buy a little sachet of heatsink for it which is a good idea as will last longer that way, will only cost you a few pennies

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf Empty Re: Relocating ign amp & reearhing maf 21st August 2013, 11:47 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers Bob ill nip up now & get 1 now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum