Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lights on no ones home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lights on no ones home Empty Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 7:18 pm

Smokey

Smokey

Right replaced all the head an plenum all the ignition lights come on but the starter don't engage all worked perfec before ..have I missed something off ..... Earth strap somewhere ????

2Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 8:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is normally atwo earths that go on the plenum are you sure you havnt knocked the wire on the starter soleniond mate

3Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 8:44 pm

Smokey

Smokey

I'm gonna pull the plenum bk off tommoro night an have a look
I've missed something I saw a spade wide loose may be off starter

4Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 9:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dont do that its far easier to check and less work you can undo the starter moter and twist it and see the connections from gearbox side or you can feel it by hand or see it from underneath i think it is a spade connector is one of them mate take it you havnt got the y bracket anymore lol

5Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 9:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

as above
dont remove the plenum for the spade connector
it goes to the solenoid and the starter will be dead unless its connected.
there are also 2 earth wires bolted to the top of the inlet plenum which should be clearlly visible

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 24th April 2012, 10:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its the switch wire mate thats the spade connector and the thick wire is the permanant live .

7Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:07 pm

Smokey

Smokey

nomad29 wrote:Its the switch wire mate thats the spade connector and the thick wire is the permanant live .

Spot on mate worked a dream .....cheers

8Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:08 pm

Smokey

Smokey

gtirus wrote:as above
dont remove the plenum for the spade connector
it goes to the solenoid and the starter will be dead unless its connected.
there are also 2 earth wires bolted to the top of the inlet plenum which should be clearlly visible

Yea was the spade connector cheers bob

9Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Happy days Very Happy glad to of helped il take payment via paypal lmao

10Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:34 pm

Smokey

Smokey

nomad29 wrote:Happy days Very Happy glad to of helped il take payment via paypal lmao

Pmsl ..... Just gotta boost problem now it's got a hks boost controller on it an I think ive mixed them up lol cars grrrrrrrrr

11Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Mixed what up the vac pipes ? lol

12Lights on no ones home Empty Re: Lights on no ones home 25th April 2012, 6:51 pm

Smokey

Smokey

nomad29 wrote:Mixed what up the vac pipes ? lol

I've put a pic up in the help and advice have a moooooooooooch also take a look at
My pic in general banter NHs header well funny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum