Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My R

+33
astarozna
Ryaneg6freak
mike74
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
Zia
Beany113
gtircrazy
ADZ14
burrows1980
joetheeskimo
Cosmic73
Jdmsentra
Stu
Thermal
splmum
buckym120
ducie54
sooni
pulsarmoley
mikewazowski
PartyPete
Mr B
shroom
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
Gaz GTiR
fred05
watoga
nomad
GTIR James
KF79GTIR
grim_d
gtir_woody
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 24]

51My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 31st January 2015, 8:44 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cheers buddy. Yeah running AN fittings on everything other than the fuel tank lid for the moment. The -6 hose wasnt a perfect fit on the outlet and return on the lid so I'm running the -6 hose into a AN union fitting with just a small piece of normal size fuel line for the time being.

52My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 31st January 2015, 8:49 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'd like to modify the lid somehow in the future but this will do for now.

My R - Page 3 Image

53My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 31st January 2015, 12:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

looks very tidy under there, did you make that surge tank yourself or is it one you've adapted?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

54My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 31st January 2015, 8:17 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

It's just one I brought bob. Would have liked the tank a little smaller but this one worked out pretty well.

55My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 1st February 2015, 11:35 am

shroom

shroom

Very nice build thread hell of a car. Havent seen anything like that before (surgetank) looks awsome.

56My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 4:32 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks mate, it's coming along.

On another note picked up these sexy things this morning, they make my abused 25 year old ones look even worse now.

My R - Page 3 Image

Next plan is to get all the mods complied and I also have a mate sorting out an ecu and dash unit for me.

57My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 10:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ How you go about that in Oz !
Do you need engineers report or is it done by vehicle testing board ?

58My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 10:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

My understanding B is people who registered to certify modifcations are normally qualified and active mechanic for a set period of time with experience in the relevant modification.

For example I have a guy coming out to my house, he checks my modifications against the national guidelines, puts a plate with relevant mod codes in the engine bay, sends the certified paperwork into the transport department and then happy days with no popo hassle Laughing

59My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 11:06 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Quite a good system that.

60My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 11:55 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Sounds a ball ache having to register all the mods and everything else you have to do, that's one good thing about over here I guess, just kind of do what you want then tell the insurance, or in most people's cases don't?!

61My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 2:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Think UK should do the same, some of the modifications being done are appalling in terms of road safety & should be approved, also would stop insurance abuse from both sides (policy holder & underwriter) to some extent.

62My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 8:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

From my understanding they were trying to pass the law on not modifying cars ... they are slowly passing them through ... with regards to exhausts and so on ...

63My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 8:36 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

B is right, there are so shocking and unsafe mods done so it helps in that way. In Aus "minor" mods like exhausts, lowering, steering wheels etc don't need to be certified. Mods classed as major need to be such as surge tanks, aftermarket seats, bigger turbos, cages etc

64My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 9:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So if you have such mods certified does it alter your insurance ....do you have to pay for certification ????

65My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 9:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Most insurance companies would want nothing to do with major modifications. Minor mods can increase the cost of insurance though. There are a couple of companies which focus on insurance for modified cars. The one I'm with allow unlimited mods long as they are legal, prices are alright as well.

66My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So they have the corner of the market regarding modified insurance ..... is it expensive to insure modified cars in aus ???

67My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 11:34 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I believe so. I have to admit with my nissans I've only ever insured them with whats called third party fire and theft, guess you guys have something similar? If I'm at fault it covers repairs to the other party but not my car. This keeps the costs down and it's not daily car anyway.

68My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 2nd February 2015, 11:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah we have exactly same over here third party fire and theft and fully comp ...and classic insurance ....

69My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 10:33 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would say certified mods could be good way for UK to go, certainly better than turning into Singapore for example :-S

70My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 10:39 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Geeze I don't even want to think about what would happen if rules changed similar to Singapore. I would find a way to shrink my car so it fits on my bookshelf.

71My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 11:06 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ lol . Just make your bookshelf bigger ...

72My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 12:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What its like in singapore ???? .
I would like it to stay the way it is in the uk ..... a uk car has an mot every year so any mods done is kind of certified anyway as if unsafe it will fail .....

73My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 2:09 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ have a look at woody's linked video on Singapore :-)
Trouble is a lot of mods are unseen or untested for UK MOT.
Coilovers being probably biggest potential handling disaster for UK daily road cars, handling on all the Taiwan tat coilovers is awful on UK roads & gets worse in wet & the cold yet not really a concern to MOT man in terms of drivability & as long as all tight unbroken & leak free it good to go. Most of these cheap coilovers are not even construction tested.

74My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 3rd February 2015, 11:40 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:What its like in singapore ???? .
I would like it to stay the way it is in the uk ..... a uk car has an mot every year so any mods done is kind of certified anyway as if unsafe it will fail .....

Mighty car mods will tell you all Laughing

75My R - Page 3 Empty Re: My R 4th February 2015, 3:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey that is pretty poo.... i hope uk never goes the singapore root duh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum