Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My R

+33
astarozna
Ryaneg6freak
mike74
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
Zia
Beany113
gtircrazy
ADZ14
burrows1980
joetheeskimo
Cosmic73
Jdmsentra
Stu
Thermal
splmum
buckym120
ducie54
sooni
pulsarmoley
mikewazowski
PartyPete
Mr B
shroom
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
Gaz GTiR
fred05
watoga
nomad
GTIR James
KF79GTIR
grim_d
gtir_woody
37 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 24]

1My R Empty My R 22nd July 2014, 10:24 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thought id post up some of the specs of my car. I started this build over 2 years ago and basically started with a standard R, its currently almost ready for its first tune Smile

Suspension and Wheels
BC Coilovers
Whitleline rear swaybar
Rear strut brace
Stance Mindset wheels 15x8 +25
Rubber 195/50

Engine Specs
Block, Bored and Honed
Head serviced, cleaned, value clearances checked, ported and polished
Fully balanced, linished and crack tested crank
ACL Race Bearings
ARP Head and Main bolts
Scat Conrods
SRP Pro Pistons & Rings 87mm (Ceramic coated)
Ferrea stainless exhaust valves
Crower Value Springs and titanium retainers
Tomei Head Gasket
Vison Adj Cam Gears
Custom Cams (build by surecam in Sydney)
Genuine new Timing Chain Kit
Genuine new Oil Pump
Genuine new water pump

Single throttle body conversion
Alternator relocated
MR2 electric power steering pump

PPG Synchromesh Straight Gearset with billet 3/4 selector fork
Nismo Rear Diff
Gearbox Brace
Half Cage
Single 044, Surge Tank, Sard Fuel Reg, 550cc Injectors (bigger fuel system is needed before tune)

6Boost Manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
Garrett 3076r .63
Microtech ECU

Currently plans are to upgrade the fuel system and use e85. Undecided on the size of injectors needed yet......

A few pics Smile let me know what you think Smile Chris

My R IMAG0085

My R IMG_20111016_00007_NEW

My R Photo10

Last edited by gtir_woody on 20th April 2018, 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

2My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 12:19 am

grim_d

grim_d

That is quite a spec and nice to see all the supporting mods, what ignition system are you running?

What power do you hope to achieve?

Very nice.

3My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 1:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

grim_d wrote:That is quite a spec and nice to see all the supporting mods, what ignition system are you running?

What power do you hope to achieve?

Very nice.

Im using microtech ignitor box with bosch coils and still using the standard distributor for a crank angle signal. After upgrading fuel system my aim is 450hp atw but I would be happy with anything around the 400 mark Smile

4My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 5:19 pm

KF79GTIR

On standard bakes? If so your a brave man...affraid

5My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 5:39 pm

GTIR James

Looks a lovely spec. Nice attention to detail. Love to fuel swirl pot setup. Good work.

6My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 9:28 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

KF79GTIR wrote:On standard bakes? If so your a brave man...affraid

Yup on standard brakes at the moment  lol! will be upgrading shortly, once I know everything is running good, one step at a time Smile

7My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 9:37 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

GTIR James wrote:Looks a lovely spec. Nice attention to detail. Love to fuel swirl pot setup. Good work.

Thanks mate Smile I like the swirl pot setup aswell but it needs to change to an underbody one shortly. Current setup is difficult to get engineered in aus Sad

8My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 10:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think bogdan was going to make some or could make you one ....

9My R Empty Re: My R 23rd July 2014, 10:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2541-abm-motorsport-ro_sunny-fabrication-shop

10My R Empty Re: My R 24th July 2014, 1:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2541-abm-motorsport-ro_sunny-fabrication-shop

Thanks mate! I'll have a look. Aeroflow also do a twin pump undercar surge tank I've been looking at. Anyone have opinions about injectors? I'm going to run e85 and was looking at 1600cc injectors. I think I'll go with Bosch Indy Blues (low impedance) or alternatively Bosch do another 1600cc injector that's high impedance. Any opinions or other brands I should look at?

11My R Empty Re: My R 24th July 2014, 5:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

1600cc thats pretty huge ive seen big power cars running 1000cc injectors never that big though ....

12My R Empty Re: My R 24th July 2014, 11:32 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:1600cc thats pretty huge ive seen big power cars running 1000cc injectors never that big though ....

I would have thought the same, but remembering e85 uses more fuel. I used this calculator to get a rough idea. I entered 550hp at the wheels to ensure I have room to move in the future. The figure I got was 1549cc being required. Interesting if anyone disagrees as this is the first time I've been trying to estimate a required injector size Smile

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator

13My R Empty Re: My R 25th July 2014, 6:01 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

gtir_woody wrote:Im using microtech ignitor box with bosch coils and still using the standard distributor for a crank angle signal. After upgrading fuel system my aim is 450hp atw but I would be happy with anything around the 400 mark Smile

That is definitely a nice GTiR; your engine bay is lovely  Cool 

Out of curiosity, when you switched over to the ignitor box did you remove the OE condenser and power transistor? Or do you simply trigger the ignitor box from the OE coil +/- wires with the condenser and power transistor still attached?

Looks very nice!
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

14My R Empty Re: My R 25th July 2014, 6:22 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

impressive car, it looks so fat with thos rims and buble tyres, and an adapted lowering!!

really really love that kind of look

15My R Empty Re: My R 25th July 2014, 7:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

watoga wrote:
gtir_woody wrote:Im using microtech ignitor box with bosch coils and still using the standard distributor for a crank angle signal. After upgrading fuel system my aim is 450hp atw but I would be happy with anything around the 400 mark Smile

That is definitely a nice GTiR; your engine bay is lovely  Cool 

Out of curiosity, when you switched over to the ignitor box did you remove the OE condenser and power transistor? Or do you simply trigger the ignitor box from the OE coil +/- wires with the condenser and power transistor still attached?

Looks very nice!
Dave

Thanks a lot dave!! Yup all removed, So I'm using a microtech which is a standalone ecu, unlike some other ecu's actually have the ignitor box as a separate module which connects to the ecu for running a multi-coin setup like mine. So none of the original wiring, power transistor etc remains.

16My R Empty Re: My R 25th July 2014, 7:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

fred05 wrote:impressive car, it looks so fat with thos rims and buble tyres, and an adapted lowering!!

really really love that kind of look

Thanks mate, really love the look of it. I will run different wheels and tyres though when it's eventually on the track Smile

17My R Empty Re: My R 25th July 2014, 10:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

E85 fuel... would you have to renew all fuel lines etc .... judging by the pulsar fuel economy as standard so reckon with e85 it gets some proper low mpg .... you will become on first name terms with the petrol garage lol ...

18My R Empty Re: My R 26th July 2014, 1:30 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Very nice Smile looks sweet with them offset wheels & sounds like a good setup car Wink

19My R Empty Re: My R 26th July 2014, 3:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What a Face 
nomad wrote:E85 fuel... would you have to renew all fuel lines etc .... judging by the pulsar fuel economy as standard so reckon with e85 it gets some proper  low mpg .... you will become on first name terms with the petrol garage lol ...

My understanding is all the standard rubber fuel lines needs to be replaced as e85 is very corrosive. I've actually already replaced the lines for my current setup but need to check they are compatible. Haha the petrol station would love me! But lucky for me this isn't a daily driven car Smile

20My R Empty Re: My R 27th July 2014, 11:27 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thought id post some old pics of my alternator and power steering step up. Main reason I moved the alternator (to where the power steering pump is normally) was I wanted to allow more room for my dump pipe. I used information over on the SR20-Forum. Fairly easy job requiring some grinding of the PS bracket, alternator mounts and minor cutting/ welding of the adjustment bracket.

My R Image

However that left me with no power steering, rather than feel like Im going to gym everytime I drive my car I decided to use an electric power steering pump from an MR2.

As I've yet to drive the car it should be interesting to see how the steering performs. My main concern was how much power the pump will draw, but a few threads I found people didnt have any major problems on other cars. Im running the pump off a switch so I can turn it off when its not needed. As the pump has its own ECU it can also be wired to the speed sensor and the voltage will drop at greater speeds. Anyway thought some of you might find that half interesting Smile

My R Photo_2

21My R Empty Re: My R 27th July 2014, 7:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Good work fella
Car looks great but wills be a bitch to change the alternator if it ever packs up

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

22My R Empty Re: My R 27th July 2014, 9:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

just what I was going to say I have a bracket to do this but decided not to for the above reason

23My R Empty Re: My R 27th July 2014, 9:29 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah it is a massive pain in the arse, let's hope I have a good alternator then haha

24My R Empty Re: My R 11th August 2014, 6:53 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Dropped the car off for a run in tune today. Starting on low boost just so I can drive around. Hopefully nothing breaks  Shocked 

25My R Empty Re: My R 11th August 2014, 6:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

good luck keep us posted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 24]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum