Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compression test a GTIR...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Compression test a GTIR... Empty Compression test a GTIR... 27th April 2014, 8:53 pm

wrc

wrc

Now, its been just over 2 years since I've owned a pulsar so forgive me.

Last week I picked up a slightly poorly (now fixed) but really tidy gtir what happened to come uplocally through my trade.

As part of the course I want to do a compression test, just cause I like things to be 'right'  - Remind me... It's upto running temp, all 4 plugs out, unplug coil, and WOT to get correct results on these isn't it? And above 150 psi ish?

Thanks  Very Happy

2Compression test a GTIR... Empty Re: Compression test a GTIR... 27th April 2014, 9:01 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye should all be about the same, usually abour 160-165

3Compression test a GTIR... Empty Re: Compression test a GTIR... 27th April 2014, 9:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Compressions depend on comp ratio but assuming its stock then anything over around 145psi is good ^^^as above cylinder balance is more important because if one cylinder is say more than around 8% down on other 3 then there could well be a problem with that cylinder. Also if compressions are too high (above 180ish)this can also indicate a problem.

Unplug injector relay also as that will stop fuel being chucked into the cylinders whilst cranking her over

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Compression test a GTIR... Empty Re: Compression test a GTIR... 27th April 2014, 9:33 pm

wrc

wrc

Cheers gents.

Injector relay.... In the junction box under bonnet just in front of offside strut top?

5Compression test a GTIR... Empty Re: Compression test a GTIR... 27th April 2014, 9:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yep the silver box with multiplug going into it, just pull the plug out and injectors won't work
That's the resistor pack

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Compression test a GTIR... Empty Re: Compression test a GTIR... 28th April 2014, 8:35 pm

Turbazz

Nearside ? The resistor pack

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum