Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow my insurance has gone sky high

+9
Spark plug spike
Girl racer
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
nomad
Hardy172cup
ROB_IOW
pulsarmoley
Bones
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 6:38 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Just renewed my fully comp insurance and it's shot up from £140.10 to £140.33 this year. Things can't goon like this anymore, I'm being hit in the pocket at every turn  Very Happy 

2Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 6:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Wish mine was that bloody low!  Evil or Very Mad

3Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 7:25 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Whos that with BONES ?
I've Just had a quote from adrian flux for £320 fully comp with an agreed value of £5500

4Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 7:37 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bloody £845 I have to pay! And I've got my renewal coming up in a few months Sad

5Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 7:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If your finding it hard to raise the extra darren i can see if we can all have a whip round for you  Laughing

6Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 7:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive gotta pay over 1400 for the gtr and im an old git lol
that breaks my heart  What a Face 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 7:58 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Its cause of your high value second car. Punishment for them having to pay out if the rats shit sorry rasheen gets taken lol

8Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:07 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hardy172cup wrote:Bloody £845 I have to pay! And I've got my renewal coming up in a few months Sad

Try Peter James for Classic Insurance or Greenlight, I am insured with them with the Scooby  Smile

9Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:19 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I will be getting classic insurance this time around, I couldn't find anyone that would insure me last year because I was only 24 but now I'm 25 it shouldn't be a problem getting it insured as a classic, i dont see why not, I hardly do any miles in it anyway lol

10Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:24 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hardy172cup wrote:I will be getting classic insurance this time around, I couldn't find anyone that would insure me last year because I was only 24 but now I'm 25 it shouldn't be a problem getting it insured as a classic, i dont see why not, I hardly do any miles in it anyway lol

I found that Peter James were the only ones to do classic insurance, I only have 1,500 miles a year, that's not my choice, 3,000 miles pushed the price right up!

11Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:27 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Do they cover modifications as well?

12Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:35 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

I am covered 45 years old (1990 car) by Peter James, fully comp (no claims, used them on my main car), all mods declared, insured as second car, unlimited miles £270 per year.

13Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:36 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hardy172cup wrote:Do they cover modifications as well?

Yep, I have told them about mine  Smile  I would definitely try Greenlight as well, I know that Danny got a really good quote and went with them  Smile

14Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 20th March 2014, 9:37 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well I don't need to renew for a few months yet so I'll look into it Smile

15Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 2:04 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

£210 on classic insurance with footman james... 5000 Limeted milage

16Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 6:53 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

1500 miles through Peter James for £140 so that's great. I'm 41 and it's on classic insurance

17Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 8:28 am

keastygtir

I struggled to get quotes on classic as its modified

18Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 10:57 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I pay 890 with all mods declared, 25 with 2years ncd, with sky insurance found these alot better than adrian flux

19Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 11:09 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

when I insured the gtr (would not cover it on traders policy) I tried greenlight and peter james and neither would touch the car due to the mods, they as good as laughed at me lol

infact other than cci who its with the only company that would cover it was Adrian flux and that was under the condition that the tracker was fully mobilized

20Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 12:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Out of intrest what insurance group is the gtr ?

21Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 12:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think its something stupid like group 40 or something cant remember tbh.
its classed in same bracket as a supercar to insure and tax and that's why my traders would not touch it.
they'll cover me on any car I drive thats not owned by myself but wont cover supercars owned by me, only the general evo's, gtir's, scoob's, etc

22Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 1:49 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm 27, £336 on classic with peter James! It's less to insure than my primera  Rolling Eyes 

23Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 6:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Thought you'd have a traders policy Bob? My everyday car is a tripple banger 950cc corsa i paid £400 for and this year ill have 11 yrs ncd so i thought id see how much the gtir would be if i went with a non classic policy on gtir with 11 yrs ncd and it came up cheaper than the corsa at £165 but it was easier to keep it on classic and use ncd on the racing corsa

24Wow my insurance has gone sky high Empty Re: Wow my insurance has gone sky high 21st March 2014, 7:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

He does but it doesnt cover super cars sort of thing ... there is different degrees of traders policies ..... i also have a traders policy and they struggle to get my pulsar covered due to all the mods etc ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum