Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

idol high

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1idol high  Empty idol high 20th May 2012, 8:20 am

lenzo

lenzo

hi guys
need some help i took of the throttle sensor and put it back on but now the car idol above 1k
dose this need resetting up
cheers

2idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 9:05 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Tps sensor needs to be setup yes.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 9:11 am

lenzo

lenzo

thank stu
is there any marking i can use to set it up i have been trying but cant seem to drop it blow 1k

4idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 10:02 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Throttle Position Sensor

As the name suggests this lets the ECU know how far open the throttle is. Although this is not the primary load sensing device (as it can be with some aftermarket ECUs) it can upset things pretty badly if it's faulty or not adjusted correctly. It consists of a potentiometer (just like a volume knob) that rotates as the throttle is opened and closed. It has 3 pins. The ECU feeds 5V to one, 0V to the other and a voltage somewhere in between is picked off and sent back to the ECU.

Adjustment : This can either be done manually (with a multimeter) or by plugging into the Consult Port with a laptop and reading it straight off the screen. If using a multimeter it must be done with IGN ON (engine does not need to be running) and the connector fitted to the TPS. You'll need nice sharp multimeter probes to pierce the insulation on the wires - it often pays to give them a quick sharpen with a file/grinder etc. Carefully probe the 0V wire (Black) and the signal wire (White). Don't use chassis GND. With throttle closed you should be seeing 0.5V. The spec is 0.35V to 0.65V but it's nice to have it right in the middle. Adjustment is done by loosening the 2 screws that mount the TPS - NOT by using the throttle stop screw.

5idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 12:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Somebody swallowed the manaual lol nice bit of info stu should put it in the how to section Very Happy

6idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 1:48 pm

lenzo

lenzo

thank for that stu

7idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 2:45 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You're welcome mate Wink

I just searched the net and copied what I found lol

8idol high  Empty Re: idol high 20th May 2012, 8:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

i set mine using a avcr if anyone has a apexi avcr or (safc possibly)but def avcr as it gives voltage in the monitoring mode

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum