Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox ???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox ??? Empty Gearbox ??? 6th March 2014, 4:02 pm

G.Pulsar

Basically I just want to strengthen 3rd and 4th gear without buying the full quaife kit so wondered if the quaife 3rd and 4th would fit the pulsars existing internals ?If not does anyone know of anyone who makes a 3rd and 4th that does whether it be semi helical or straight cut ? thanks peeps !!

2Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 6th March 2014, 4:09 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Yes the will fit

3Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 6th March 2014, 4:47 pm

G.Pulsar

So I can literally just buy a 3rd and 4th from quaife and stick it into a standard gearbox ?

4Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 6th March 2014, 5:10 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Yup

5Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 6th March 2014, 6:20 pm

G.Pulsar

Thanks pal

6Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 7th March 2014, 11:44 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

as above yes they will fit.

we are currently talking to people who will be able to manufacture high grade semi helical gears and rb gears as well as a dog gearset onto stock shafts.

prices will be very good too and less than quaife rrp, possibly will be group buy coming as more that want them the cheaper they will be

7Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 7th March 2014, 12:37 pm

G.Pulsar

Well i have a fully rebuilt R.B box in excellent condition and an R.B box with a blown 3rd gear so I want to either put a quaife 3rd and 4th or a straight cut 3rd and 4th to make it hopefully bullet proof so yeh I'm up for a group buy !
When would these be able to be purchased ? Quaife quoted me £600 for a pair of 3rd and a pair of 4th gears !
I will be selling the fully rebuilt R.B box once I have built up a strong replacement if anyone is interested Smile

8Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 7th March 2014, 12:44 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

is that £600 for both 3rd and 4th gears (4 in total) as that sounds cheap!

il be putting a group buy up soon as were still awaiting details of prices for individual gears and for complete sets fitted to supplied shafts

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 7th March 2014, 12:50 pm

G.Pulsar

Yes thats for both basically they wanted £300 a pair of gears which I thought was quite reasonable and that was the close ratio gears .

10Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 11th May 2014, 9:10 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Any more info on a group buy on these bob??

11Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 11th May 2014, 11:46 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

No it was g pulsar that had a guy who was going to make up the gear set but then prices started to rise so never went through with it plus there turned out to be no warranty at all on the gears so for all we know they could have been made of inferior grade steel so not worth the gamble tbh

12Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 12th May 2014, 9:48 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Just spoke to my mate who's director at PPG and he said not to bother with Quaiff as there not all that strong, apparently ppg are fitting boxes to cars running 8 second quarters but the problem is the cost. He recons it's almost pointless only fitting 3rd and 4 the as the rest of the box will just fall around them which makes sense I suppose. He even offered me a gear set at cost but it would still be twice what the car cost, and that's before you start with about £200 for gear oil. He said one of the main problems people have is they expect to change gear oil every 4 yrs and the box be fine which I know can be true on some cars, so maybe he's right on good oil and regular maintenance we will see

13Gearbox ??? Empty Re: Gearbox ??? 12th May 2014, 10:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah in a way I kind of agree with what he's saying as I've broke 2 quaife boxes on track

They are stronger than a standard gear set for sure but far from indestructible
But ppg set is over 10k maybe more now and that's a fookin lot of money to spend unless your minted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]