Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Throttle bodies pattern

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Throttle bodies pattern Empty Throttle bodies pattern 20th January 2014, 10:14 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Hi, still looking for interesting things for my mates !!

i do have one of my friends wich is building a new engine for a 1600 turbo mazda GTX AWD.
we were discussing about putting a throttle body assembly and plenum from a GTiR on his engine...
stud pattern is no the same and a spacer / adaptor thick alloy plate is needed but,

is any one can tell me about the distance between each bodies?

i don't know if it will suits to his engine, but i think it can be a big improvement rather then putting a single one TB!!!

thanks

fred

2Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 10:53 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

anyone has this lying on his shed??

3Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 12:59 pm

Having owned a 1.6 Mazda it would be a massive job to fit them

4Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 1:32 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

not really, questions are :

does the bodies are centered on the head ports?
does it have enough space behind to suits the bodies and the plenum?

5Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 2:48 pm

groundscraper

Everything with time and patience can be made i guess... but in this case, being a turbo, why would you?

According to what i´ve been reading not much gain on a turbo, some gti-r´s are even converted to single TB...

I would not bother with it, but will diferent for sure...

6Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 3:04 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

yep seen like that, it may doesn't worth the hard work...so just put a larger TB and that's the way to go...

7Throttle bodies pattern Empty Re: Throttle bodies pattern 22nd January 2014, 4:37 pm

It has been tried but there's not much room in the engine bay
A few people have tried using bike throttle bodies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum