Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

boost pressure 1 bar mod

+5
Mr B
johnny gtir
nomad
GTI-R US
pulsarmad20
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 9:12 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Hi all

I would like to know how todo it as i havent got the restricter and have silicon hoses ?? i did find somewhere i can use a mig welder tip and put in the line but wat size?

any help appriciated

thanks

sam

2boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 10:01 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

try a 1.2mm tip thatll put you just fractionally over a bar

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 11:49 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

ok thanks bob will go buy one thiss afternoon thanks

sam

4boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 4:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can still get the restrictor from nissan .... there is also a picture in the how to section under useful diagrams ..if that helps Wink

5boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 7:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

my local nissan said yes to supplying restrictor pipe untill they went to order it and could not get it. If anyone else knows different let me know please as i want one

6boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 8:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You got the part number for that johnny ?

7boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 8:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Err pass did have a few month ago give me 5 mins

8boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 8:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

22320-54c00

9boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 8:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thanks matey ...

10boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 26th October 2013, 9:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.online-parts.co.uk/nissan/shopping_cart.php#.Umwr56O3Mb0

11boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 27th October 2013, 8:54 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

just realised that as i didnt have a restrictor pipe that i have only been running 0.5 of boost for the last year is that right ? and i thought that was quick lol coudnt get a 1.2mm tip had to get a 1mm and i have 0.8 of boost Smile big difference from before

12boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 27th October 2013, 9:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Just drill it out a bit bigger ...

13boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 27th October 2013, 10:46 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as above its only copper so easy to drill

14boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 27th October 2013, 11:11 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

im going to leave it like that as i dont wont to blow it up lol and 0.8 is alot quicker than before for me i know its nothing compared to what some of you are running but i like it and as its my only car i cant afford any more repairs this year!!!

15boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 27th October 2013, 11:05 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Just buy a dewes device, they are cheap and work as they should

16boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 28th October 2013, 9:29 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

i don't understand, what is this restrictor pipe exactly?? scratch 

17boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 28th October 2013, 10:38 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its a lengh of pipe from the out take pipe of the plenum around 6'' long with either a green or mauve band round it. if you look inside the pipe you will see a plastic restrictor where the printed band is

18boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 28th October 2013, 10:45 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

aaaahhh ok! and the restrictor means higher or lower boost pressure regarding the size of the hole?

19boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 28th October 2013, 10:48 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep that's correct

was an old trick years ago to run higher boost by fitting a mig welding tip in vacuum pipe to actuator which obviously works on -&+ pressure

20boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 28th October 2013, 2:55 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

ok, so if i understand well, the little is the hole of the plastic part in the pipe, the bigger is the pressure?
do you have a chart or somthing with the hole size vs. pressure given?

21boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 30th October 2013, 10:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

nomad wrote:http://www.online-parts.co.uk/nissan/shopping_cart.php#.Umwr56O3Mb0
Few days later mate

Unfortunately Nissan UK have informed us that this part number is no longer available. We can check for an alternative but would need the VIN/ChASSIS number.

22boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 30th October 2013, 10:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think its the same as another nissan motor when i was checking ....

23boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 5th March 2018, 11:05 pm

venom42

venom42

Sorry to resurrect an old thread (seems that I what I have done every time I have posted?)... Based on the info here, I purchased a 1mm MIG tip to replace the missing restrictor on my car (it was running .5 bar when I got it). I am getting at least 1 bar with it (I back out of it before it gets there because I do not want to blow it up). .8 bar (or around that) is what I am comfortable running, as this is my daily driver and I do not want to modify the car more to run higher boost. There seems to be conflicting info on different threads here in the forums as to the appropriate size tip to use. Am I correct in understanding that the larger the hole diameter, the less boost you will run? Do I have that backward? Some of the other threads seem to indicate the opposite (a larger tip will lead to more boost). The only size that my local hardware store has in stock is the .8mm, so I need to order whatever size I need, assuming the 1mm tip I have in there now is the issue, and not something else (I have been thinking it was a failing boost control solenoid). Should I look for a 1.4mm tip, since some of the other posts seem to indicate that the 1.2mm yields just over 1 bar, or is it the .8mm tip that I want?

I am very close to just saying F it and going with an aftermarket controller set to 12psi (I like the innovate one with the integrated wide-band). I just really wanted to try and keep it mostly stock if possible.

24boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 6th March 2018, 3:29 am

venom42

venom42

After doing more research, it appears the stock restrictor is 1.7mm. 1.2 yields a little over 1 bar, so I'm hoping 1.4 will be about .8 bar.

25boost pressure 1 bar mod Empty Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod 6th March 2018, 8:51 am

mike74

mike74

I'm not sure on the prices of welder tips but, they can't be much more or less than the cost of a dawes device. I've got one on my R and it performs faultlessly regardless of what boost you want.
At least then you could set the boost to whatever you want very easily...
one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-MANUAL-BOOST-CONTROLLER-BALL-AND-SPRING-VALVE/220537042109?hash=item33590834bd:g:CYkAAMXQDnpTYh-Q

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum