Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

oil pressure question

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1oil pressure question Empty oil pressure question 30th September 2013, 10:21 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Ive had a little worry about this for a while now my oil pressure every now aand then gets funny and at first i thought maybe just the sensor but its startin to get worse sometimes whilst driving along it would leave the 6 and drop to 2 at first when this started happening i used to pull over turn engine off have a quick look start it back up and it would work again as normal but nowadays even when i start the car it builds pressure up gets to 6 on cold then eases off goes between 6 and 2 when i rev the car i do not get any signs of engine damage like the signs of a machine gun going off (bottem end) nothing. is there anyway of inspecting the bottem end before its too late if it is that ? can it be done with engine in place?

thanks

sam

2oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 30th September 2013, 10:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The oil pressure does go down as it warms up so will start high then drop as the oil warms up .

3oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 30th September 2013, 10:39 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

thanks nomad but i dont think its that

4oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 1st October 2013, 7:20 am

Scoobykilla

Scoobykilla

Take it out and clean it in degreaser just keep tapping it for about 15 minutes in the stuff should cure it....

Mine was doing that and now its perfect :-)

5oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 1:16 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Thanks took the sensor out cleaned it didn't work kept looking for a answer on google and found somthing on gtir Canada site said look at sump and see if its dented so I did and it was so took sump off to find the oil pick up was against the sump and had marked it so I pushed / hammerd it back out put all back together and perfect gd pressure and has got rid of a noise I had on start up so all gd

6oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 1:24 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

funny because my sump is dented, but i have no issue with the oil pressure...it runs 8 when it's cold and down between 3 and 4 when hot....

7oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 1:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's the first thing you should check is the sump if oil pressure troubles
also never ever trust electrical gauges as weve had cars in with bigends destroyed yet still show good oil pressure.

dented sumps / speed bumps / kerbs are the biggest killer of bottomends with low sumped cars so people need to check these everytime they suspect they have hit anything and heard a scraping noise.
the pump pickup sits directly over the larger squared part of sump so that's the crucial bit.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 2:01 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

pale well...i may remove the sump while the car is parked...

9oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 2:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I would fred
for the sake of half hours work its not worth taking a chance on fella

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 2:42 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Ok, will drain the Oil and do it in next few days Wink 

11oil pressure question Empty Re: oil pressure question 2nd October 2013, 6:58 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

yes bob thats where mine was pushed in and the pick up had marked the sump but all gd now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum