Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

French Rally Sunny GTiR

+20
EricYellow
pulsarmad20
buckym120
Hardy172cup
Andy Sunny Gti
Wocka
Mr B
Animaldaz
Girl racer
b4dgt
johnny gtir
Concrete-GTIR
Digitalfaze
splmum
nomad
GTI-R US
Stu
pulsarmoley
toaster55
fred05
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 21st October 2013, 6:42 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

yep, i just ordered it at 38 euros posted so around 30 pounds. fair enough!!

277French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 21st October 2013, 7:04 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Very fair, not worth messing around when new that cheap.

278French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 24th October 2013, 12:46 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

I'd like to share my hapiness as my R, with many things done on it last 2 months, just passed through the French MOT with nearly all the problems solved (just remains the slight rust mentionned and the rubber cracks around the transmission axle bearings). Rolling Eyes cheers cheers 

next steps will be :
- clutch master cylinder changes
- main carpet
- verifying the 4th cyl pressure (to see if the 7bar has moved up!)
- arc dump valve
- TMIC re-cored and samco hoses
- deleting the last alarm cables remaining
- corbeau revolution and willans 4 point 3" harness (i had it on the shelf since i take it off my mini!!)
- 4 points whiteline underbrace
- mountings of the engine and gearbox poly bushes

plenty of work still to do, but all is here in the garage so, enough to do at mid-day!!! Laughing 

stay tuned guys!!!

279French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 24th October 2013, 2:18 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Glad to hear you passed mate, hopefully you can have some happy motoring and begin to enjoy the car.  Looks like a nice list of modifications you have planned so keep the updates coming

280French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 24th October 2013, 2:24 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

thanks bucky!
actually, it's just simple things to do...i'd like to have my car i good overhaul condition first, than mod it a little. i dont expect any beast things, i put things here and there to get it beautiful and looked after.

more important things to do is to maintain it correctly to avoid big troubles...but i'm sure to have some soon (gearbox issue for exemple, and maybe engine), but if it is that, and that all is perfect around, that will be ok!! Very Happy 

281French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 24th October 2013, 2:55 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Sounds good, I could live with doing an engine build or gearbox but rust & sh1t paintwork would be the love breaker for me. Not keen on resprays either really especially lacquer finished as never lasts well, but engine if crank good etc can easily be built to good spec & last.

282French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 24th October 2013, 3:00 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

paintwork will be done, but as i'm not a painter, it will cost me an arm....when i'll get a good rear bumper and good side skirt, i'll be giving the parts to a friend of mine for painting. rest of the shell is in good condition (no rust at all exept little points underneath, and under the front RH wing trim too).

283French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 25th October 2013, 12:44 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

updates :
i've received my new IC today, really nice work, weldings are really beautiful!!
and ive received my clutch master cylinder.

so....i've removed the other one!! tight job actually because, on LHD cars, it is behind the left struts tower!!!! that's why i just got the time to drain and remove it than.

284French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 25th October 2013, 2:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

See thats what happens when your car is all backwards Laughing  ......any pics of your new tmic then ?

285French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 25th October 2013, 2:17 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Here some pics!
Mysterious TMIC Laughing 
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 FB_IMG_13826937041087334_zps0b12fd68

And the clutch master Cyl.
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2250_zps33aee187

286French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 25th October 2013, 7:48 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Who does the intercooler re-core Fred ? ...
Got quite a bit done, hopefully you can have some fun driving it know you got the MOT ...

287French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 26th October 2013, 9:44 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

The same guy who did the knight of knee one!

Clutch bleed is ok, but the feeling is not the same as before...
I adjusted the rod as per the old one...may I need to Re set the length now? The return is very close the the ground...(I'm not sure about the translation of this phrase! Ah ah)

288French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 27th October 2013, 9:42 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

fred05 wrote:The same guy who did the knight of knee one!
Can you supply me a name & number for that !?

289French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 27th October 2013, 6:09 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

yep pm'd you

290French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 28th October 2013, 1:38 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Well so todays job is to remove the old bov which be changed by the arc bov i bought from Paul in here, remove the genuine catch can to give it a touch of paint, and to put the new tmic.

I just finished to remove all, and begin to put the bov on.
The good thing of this one is that it can be in recirc position, or not. Ill put it in the recirc position because i've not any bing put blank the pipe...

I noticed some pipes was not so good, aspecially the one on the top of the fpr...and the one with the restrictor inside...here some pics for the moment.

Ill finish that all in the evening.

French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2269_zps027fe9eb
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2263_zps74724576
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2268_zps0a2ca25c
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2266_zps205c28a0

And the location of the clutch master Cyl on a LHD car...
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2264_zpscc953dd9

Last edited by fred05 on 28th October 2013, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

291French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 28th October 2013, 1:39 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Where does the top fpr pipe goes to exactly?
ok i got the reply, it goes to a 3 way thing down the plenum!

292French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 28th October 2013, 6:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes that's correct then it tees off and goes to boost gauge sensor located on inner wing, nothing else should be directly fed from this pipe such as a dv etc

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

293French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 28th October 2013, 9:23 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Thanks bob! Actually the fpr pipe was in good state on all the length, just the bottom was cracked, so i cut a little pièce of it.

So all is finished, i'm just waiting for a new tmic cover because mine is cracked. I will get it from a friend early in november, with other little parts...

Here some pictures :
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2270_zps067f1f19
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2272_zps1e5c18b6
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2275_zps90976f70
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2277_zps9543233e

294French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 29th October 2013, 1:10 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

shitty thing arrived....i destroyed the clutch master cyl thread (where goes the metallic clutch pipe), so it's leaking....i need to change it again...Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

295French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 29th October 2013, 5:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

lol, on the up side - it will be easier job second time round :-S

296French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 30th October 2013, 1:21 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

repaired!!!!

297French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 4th November 2013, 1:18 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Well, today's job was to change tailgate struts i just got from bob today with other bits (walbro, nismo oil cap, poly engine and box mounts and rear whiteline swaybar) Rolling Eyes 

i took her to go to work today, and it is so powerful (comparing to my mini lol!!!)

298French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 10th November 2013, 2:25 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Little update, today the snow was calling so i worked in the garage.
Nan was to change the Engine and front box genuine mounts, by one nismo for the Engine and one powerflex for the box.
Engine was quite easy to replace, box is shite!

Engine mount was totally disasemble, replaced by the nismo one is now far better. Better for the gear changing, etc...
French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2311_zpsb4fcf302

Putting the box mount was quite hard.
First of all, you need to remove the battery and the battery tray, and then you have acces to the mount. Undo all and remove the old is not so hard, but the new one....I pass nearly 1 hour and half to bolt 2 screws...I do not reach to put the 2 other on the left side.
You have a little piece of metal to remove from the support if not, you never get to get the new on....
I'll try to put the screws missing on after a little ride.

I'll try to change the timing by the end of the day.

299French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 22nd November 2013, 5:03 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

back on the car after riding it a whole week trying to empty the tank to fit the walbro.
now fuel is down, so i can put my hand inside!!!!

so this evening job is putting the walbro, and if i have time, removing the old carpet and put the new one (without any holes!!)

i'm looking for parts to continue the project and upgrade it :
- pillar cover (left side) to fit a gauge (so if you have one already moded i'm in!)
- tool kit
- right hand side of the parcel shelf (the RH flap is broken on mine)

thanks for any proposal

cheers

300French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 Empty Re: French Rally Sunny GTiR 22nd November 2013, 11:14 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Well, so 4 hours to change the main carpet...and i remove the remaining parts of the alarm. Electric wires insulated with paper...wow!
Of course i remove all and put spécial tube wich down size with beat. Far better...

French Rally Sunny GTiR  - Page 12 IMAG2339_zps5d76cab2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum