Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir winter green project AUS

+3
steven_c
nomad
Mr B
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 4th September 2018, 12:25 pm

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 8a472010
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 D999d610
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 3efdcb10

52Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 4th September 2018, 10:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I'm no expert but think your missing .... a diff rear subframe calipers and wheels Laughing .... do you just buy the bride material and do it yourself ?

53Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 5th September 2018, 3:30 am

steven_c

steven_c

Yeh I bought the material and then sent it all off to get fitted professionally. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Rear sub frame and diff and out and getting over seen then prepped and painted then all new poly bushes.. calipers are all there need to buy disc and pads..after all the back end is built then it will be engine and gearbox strip rebuild time..

54Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 5th September 2018, 7:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looking good mate.

55Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd October 2018, 9:41 am

steven_c

steven_c

Not a lot been happening in build progress more ordering and waiting on parts..
heading back to the Uk in November so I’ve started collecting parts there to be brought back save on postage and tax.. ????????.

New set of trail rims picked up not sure if they are going to be the final wheels but they will do for now.
tyres will be getting changed to 205/40/17.Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 3fab4b10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 697d2510
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 74e0d010

56Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd October 2018, 10:53 am

mike74

mike74

I used to run that size of wheel & tyre on my R...its now back onto 195/50/15 as the 17's gave a crap ride and handling. Each to their own but you have been warned! Smile
I'm liking the build though, wish I'd kept my winter green R from yester year!

57Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 6th October 2018, 5:38 am

steven_c

steven_c

mike74 wrote:I used to run that size of wheel & tyre on my R...its now back onto 195/50/15 as the 17's gave a crap ride and handling. Each to their own but you have been warned!  Smile
I'm liking the build though, wish I'd kept my winter green R from yester year!

Like I said before this is going to be a trail as I am trying to get brake coverage.. I am running r33 GTR Front brake disc's.. they most likely will get changed but there are a starting point. not the final wheel design as these were only cheap..

Yeh the winter green are Rare as.. this will not be built or going anywhere quick..

58Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 16th October 2018, 7:57 am

steven_c

steven_c

Managed to get 2x decent half days in on the R.. got the diff all clean and stripped ready for some paint,

removed the full full exhaust system in one.. (this is going to get heat wrapped) was so light.. surprised me. Started wire bushing all the excessive crap off it, had a oil leaking on to it at some point in its life.

Picked all my bolts and nuts I had electro plated, well impressed, when I’ve got another bucket full will be sending for some more to be done.

Front sway bar took back to bare bare metal and re-painted.

Managed to press quite a few suspension arm bushes out.. some are harder than others.. need to get them out then they are getting sandblasting and powered coating along with the sub frame just need to find someone on the GC
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 4ab55610
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 F6eebd10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 E56f5f10

59Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 16th October 2018, 7:58 am

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 91ce3310
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Acc20210
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 B7a69a10

60Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 16th October 2018, 11:05 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice progress, I’m sure there’s a lot of places down there that will do it, interested to hear what it will cost

61Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 17th October 2018, 5:40 am

steven_c

steven_c

So far i have found someone local to sandblast / dry blast all the parts I am wanting doing for $50, and the little bit of welding on the caster / camber adjusting tabs and a slight patch on the exhaust system for $80 just need someone to do the powder coating..

62Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 17th October 2018, 7:24 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That sounds cheap for sand blasting, let us know how you get on thumbsup

63Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd December 2018, 10:31 pm

steven_c

steven_c

No real progress as such, just started a bit of wiring repairs on the front and will need to chase up some new spade terminals to fit in to the side light connector.  

When I am back from the Uk sandblasting and painting the sub frame..  

also bringing some goodies back.. ????????
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Cb64cc10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 2a407b10

Next will be doing the complete rear sub frame bushing, Planning on the whiteline and then poly bush the arms..

64Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 11th December 2018, 9:58 am

steven_c

steven_c

Right little bit of progress... a little is better than none right...

been working a fair bit and also been to the Uk for 3 weeks.. so little R time..

spent the day on her today and managed to get my front bearings pressed in and also my new hubs.

New / 2nd hand rear boot struts changed out.. have a spare set to get re-gassed in my leisure.

new wing mirror inner covers also as some one screw speakers to them... not a fan.. back to no hole covers..

still need my subframe welding and coating and also all my bush set so I can start rebuilding the rear crandle will be a after Xmas job now...Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 0931bb10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 B0187d10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Cc46e610

65Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 11th December 2018, 10:50 am

mike74

mike74

Looking good, as always mate. Next time you're over in blighty you're more than welcome to 'practice' doing stuff on my car if you want  Very Happy

66Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 12th December 2018, 8:45 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice, little bits at a time and you'll get there Smile

67Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 12th December 2018, 9:35 am

DC313

DC313

Looking good! Great to see some progress, the callipers look very cool!!

68Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 9th January 2019, 10:22 pm

steven_c

steven_c

Been a while since I posted, been super busy with Christmas and new year probably spent about 2 days all up on the R..

managed to strip rip and clean and re clip all my driveshafts another thing off the list that needs doing.. really need to get the back sub-frame finished that will be my next job..

as if I don’t have enough on I picked up a Suzuki rgv 250 project!!!
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 85f7d910
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 De113710
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 F57b1e10

69Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 10th January 2019, 8:25 am

DC313

DC313

Ha project? More like a box of bits!

Very cool though I do love an rgv250! Do you have other bikes to?

70Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 10th January 2019, 9:10 am

steven_c

steven_c

yes defiantly a box of bits. a lot of bits to collect.. I've had one before and loved them and this came up and the prices are just rising for the 2 strokes.
no other bikes at the moment but I've had loads in the past..

71Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 23rd January 2019, 8:34 am

steven_c

steven_c

Really struggle as late to find time on the R.. loads going on with other commitments.. but i am always purchasing stuff and moving forward, need to get the back end done and built..  

any way had my steering wheel arrive back from the Uk.. they have re covered it in Alcantara and it’s a top job..

Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Alcant10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Alcant11

72Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 24th January 2019, 8:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks different but I like it

73Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd May 2019, 1:35 am

steven_c

steven_c

Been a while since i did an update, but finally got to spend 2 solid days on the car.

Been meaning for a while to remove the old sub-frame bushes out of there sleeves as i am sure i am going to be needing them for the bushes i am going use.. (Saw someone else burning them out so went with this approach)

Used the press to get the centres out then burnt the rest of rubber out, Now to clean them up.

Was looking to progress and get further along while waiting on parts etc, so i decided to remove the motor and start digging in to further issues i did not know where there,

The person who wrapped the power steering line behind the Clutch master cylinder line!!!! WELL DONE!!.. was a pain to remove without causing any damage, The way that line is route is not in the correct position so if anyone has a picture how that is route on the bulkhead i would like to see.

Once the motor was removed, It was very easy to see that pretty much every engine and gearbox mount wanted replacing (Getting done anyway) was either torn or starting to.

Also i am thinking of making a complete new engine loom to make it really easy and simple with the 1 connector to remove the motor in future real easy, also to tidy a lot of the wiring up. I need to find the tool and connectors to remove the original Nissan connectors and re-crimp to the same spec.

Also pretty much finished the rear Tool box battery location just need to find the battery i am going to use and make the ends to suit. Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 66800b10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 A7d86710
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Gtir_b10

74Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd May 2019, 1:36 am

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 7b548110
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 17f39810
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 219aa510

75Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd May 2019, 1:38 am

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 D139c810
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Ef0e5a10
Gtir winter green project AUS - Page 3 Fdc9c010

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum