Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'That' 9 grand winter green

+6
johnny gtir
nomad
GTI-R US
Mr B
toaster55
E3 APC
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1'That' 9 grand winter green Empty 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 1:21 pm

E3 APC

E3 APC

I'm currently away for the week in Somerset. Not for from Bristol so that was today's day out. On the way in to the town centre I drove past car imports direct, garage I got my first type R integra from when u sold the last pulsar in 2005. Anyways, the garage that has that winter green in for 9k!!!! Is 3 mile away, gonna call in at some point and have a look. Ill report back. I reckon it's been modded before in its life

2'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 1:27 pm

toaster55

toaster55

saw the geezer in nissan dealership couple of months ago and asked him about it he said he'd had a couple of offers for 6 grand but wasn't going to let it go until he got very near asking price. some of the lads in the dealership said it was a pretty nice example but i haven't seen it in the flesh myself. so would be keen to here an unbiased opinion myself, i work in portsmouth during the week dont have time or money to look at it so havent bothered on weekend.

3'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 4:13 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It's been messed with, bullshit paperwork & rear boot lid don't align right.
Engine was rebuilt by GTiRus as blew up on a test drive :-/
Looks clean but not cherished example as trying to imply.
6k would buy you much better genuine car from jap auction if you take your time.

4'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 4:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive driven this car after we built the engine for it because as said the original engine went pop and car was brought to our workshops for a rebuild.

to be fair I thought it was one of the best stock gtirs I had ever driven and the underside is clean as a whistle and engine is running a peach after he ran it in and had fuelling checked which we advised him to do
I think its worth more than 6k personally but hey that's just my opinion

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 6:00 pm

E3 APC

E3 APC

GTI-R US wrote:ive driven this car after we built the engine for it because as said the original engine went pop and car was brought to our workshops for a rebuild.

to be fair I thought it was one of the best stock gtirs I had ever driven and the underside is clean as a whistle and engine is running a peach after he ran it in and had fuelling checked which we advised him to do
I think its worth more than 6k personally but hey that's just my opinion

Hopefully they'll declare the engine rebuild then. 'Genuine' miles kinda goes out the window when the original motor goes pop, if they don't tell you

6'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 9:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Not really as it's still the same engine and he asked for it to be rebuilt to oe spec which we did so if anything it's a selling point rather than something to hide

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

7'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 9:52 pm

Mr B wrote:It's been messed with, bullshit paperwork & rear boot lid don't align right.
6k would buy you much better genuine car from jap auction if you take your time.

How do you know all this info?

8'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 10:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

He works for m.i.5 dave hes job as a mechanic is just a cover .... so shhhhhh  Suspect 

9'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 10:53 pm

Shit sorry mr bond fuck I mean mr bean,

Cool job to have been a spy.

10'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 6th August 2014, 11:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

This car has been mentioned before dave and bob gave mention to the build previous. Think the car was at the same garage but listed through e bay

11'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 7:30 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:
Mr B wrote:It's been messed with, bullshit paperwork & rear boot lid don't align right.

How do you know all this info?
Been talked about b4 plus I know the garage in question as done inspection reports on few of there cars .

12'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 7:49 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

GTI-R US wrote:Not really as it's still the same engine and he asked for it to be rebuilt to oe spec which we did so if anything it's a selling point rather than something to hide
It not something he mentioning unless quizzed hard, part of reason still for sale is he bullshits too much so people get dubious & won't commit.
The service reports since UK import look to be fake to me & car was not standard when he got hold of it first.
Without knowing reason for engine failure & if that rectified correctly is some what worrying when you expected to pump close to 9K at this car, also it's exact previous condition/mods would of been nice to know.
Other issue is Autoinfusion have quite a colourful reputation with customers & trade & not the best at honouring fault rectification under any warranty schemes you may have so worth anyone doing serious homework on car & company if planning on buying this ...

13'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 8:30 am

gtir_sunny

Tbh if it's in good condition now then thats all that matters, how many of us know what happens with our cars before they are imported, what mods they have, were they tracked etc it's a 20+ year old car and good rust free examples are hard to come by.

I'd hate it if Someone worked for me then started saying bad words about my business dealings, everyone has their own method of working but I agree if the mileage and mots all stack up, it's hpi clear and accident free then I don't see what all the fuss is about

14'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 9:05 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gtir_sunny wrote:Tbh if it's in good condition now then thats all that matters, how many of us know what happens with our cars before they are imported, what mods they have, were they tracked etc it's a 20+ year old car and good rust free examples are hard to come by.

I'd hate it if Someone worked for me then started saying bad words about my business dealings, everyone has their own method of working but I agree if the mileage and mots all stack up, it's hpi clear and accident free then I don't see what all the fuss is about
I never worked for Autoinfusion, just for clarity I inspected 4 vehicles from them over the years for customers. my issue is I like 100% transparency & not the old school fluf & exaggeration on claims made & fake service paperwork. hpi is next to useless on imports. For 9K & the write-up I would be expecting a lot. If you compare this to what you could fresh import for 6 to7k you may start to think differently.
If you had bought it just before the engine blew up you would of seen what all the fuss is about, they buy all the parts to revert them to standard & buy paperwork too in attempt to improve the genuine claims of the cars past.

15'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 11:14 am

gtir_sunny

If they fake the paperwork then that's a different matter all together, are you certain the documents for it are fake?

16'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 12:24 pm

E3 APC

E3 APC

To be fair, their stating its a one owner car, if someone was serious about paying 9k for a gtir it ain't gonna be hard to track down the owner and find out its prior history. I think the biggest potential issue sales wise is its colour, if it was black it would just fade into the background in a sea of black cars but there can be but a handful of these green ones in the uk. These cars are known to be fairly bullet proof in standard trim so a car with the online sales pitch this has, seems unusual to go bang with relitivly low miles and it's 'pampered' life. The price is drawing attention to itself, no doubt they will fetch this cash in a few years. Maybe owners will do the same and sell them returned to oem.
Can't wait to see it tbh. I've previous experience of Bristol car traders, there just like any other Wink

17'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 4:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It has not had pampered life suggested, if I was buying this or doing a report for a buyer then making effort to contact previous owner would be something I would want to achieve. I doubt it has lived in the heated carpeted garage as he suggests (amazing how much of his stock has !) & claims of it being serviced by his mechanics since import & paperwork on this is fishy to say the least.
Done a report on a black one some years back & that had what looked like not the best resprayed panels/roof & few mechanical glitches such as a slipping clutch. Done a impreza type R, clean on hpi but had accident damage from it's time before import (obvious panel alignment issues & painting), was down as Jap import but actually was from HongKong & probably stolen recovered as found side window glass down side of back seat & window etching didn't match other windows plus had signs of being grounded at front & sump had been off recently etc.
Been a few people fucked over by this particular garage/owner including a member on this forum.
Have a look & study all paperwork vigilantly & also check all panels for refinishing & trim etc for signs of tampering in past or recent fitting.
A real genuine mint winter green would be worth good money & would quite like one myself as winter green & standard car styling is quite a nice look on the R.

18'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 4:20 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

its not mint but is none the less in very good nick
history aside it has a rebuilt stock engine so despite if its been abused in the past or not I after driving it and going over it at my workshop would say its well worth the money if you wanted a nice winter green standard example

what its history was in the past I haven't got the foggiest tbh I only go on the way it drives and as a whole its a very tidy little car
just saying it as I see it!

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

19'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 4:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

As am I, and I know you know Sy just as well as I do ...

20'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 4:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes weve made aquaintance once or twice  Laughing 

trust me im not bumping the car for him I couldn't give a monkeys whether it sells or not
its a totally unbiased view

21'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 4:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No problem but just want people think first & inspect cars properly prior to purchase & pay realistic prices based on facts of the vehicle in question.
Hate seeing people pay top money for cars with less than factual presentation ;-)

22'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 5:20 pm

E3 APC

E3 APC

Well, I went this afternoon, was really looking forward to seeing it but it wasn't there when I arrived. The owner was a guy who worked at the garage, and he pulled up as I got there. He was a nice enough chap, said he's always had a pulsar since he was 17. We had a brief chat, he was more than willing to get the car, but I said the wife and little un were in the car and we were going back to hotel after a full day off sun. Said I was still here the day after, he checked the weather and said if there was any chance of rain he wouldn't risk bringing it out. He said 30mins, an hour today and he'd get it but I didn't wanna hang around or waste his time.

So I didn't get to see it Sad

23'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 7th August 2014, 8:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I reckon it was in the bodyshop having the arches pugged up  Laughing

24'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 8th August 2014, 1:11 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:I reckon it was in the bodyshop having the arches pugged up  Laughing
Lol, no they already been done :-P
Would want see an ID from the owner though just for clarification :-)
It does look good but it ain't 9K good, I would buy direct from Jap auction as can still find some real gems that way if up enough cash to realistically bid on the top examples & the history & report from auctions is far better than what you get told by dealers in UK plus you will save good 2K.

25'That' 9 grand winter green Empty Re: 'That' 9 grand winter green 11th August 2014, 8:43 pm

hagger

There are more winter green pulsars around than you think.There are many people who own pulsars that have nothing to do with forums and clubs.The mum of a young lad at my work has a winter green car,i have driven it and checked it over.As far as i can tell its the reel thing.I think they paid around £3000 for it 2/3 years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum