Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir winter green project AUS

+3
steven_c
nomad
Mr B
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 10:58 am

steven_c

steven_c

I’ve been around the GTIRs for quite awhile maybe 10 plus years, owned around 5-6 but never the DL2 so when this little gem popped up i had to have so i have just bought a very rare genuine GTIR in winter green which i will be keeping close to standard as possible.. will be changing the custom interior back to stock as i am not a fan of it, couple of little bits to sort out but an amazing starting project.

Gtir winter green project AUS Af71a910
Gtir winter green project AUS 8f895f10
Gtir winter green project AUS B6755f10

2Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:02 am

steven_c

steven_c

so she's all home now but had to fly out to work, I will eventually get round to looking at it properlyGtir winter green project AUS 5cf4db10
Gtir winter green project AUS 7d326c10
Gtir winter green project AUS Cc8a6b10

3Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:05 am

steven_c

steven_c

Slowly starting to take things off and order replacement parts..

got a complete n14 pulsar turning up as a donor car, I need a headlight, dash and trims from it.

ordered a gtir carpet separate, also chasing the standard door cards..

opens your our eyes to what you find when you start taking things off.. but expected for a 1993 car..Gtir winter green project AUS 70e21a10
Gtir winter green project AUS 73fbb710
Gtir winter green project AUS 135c4e10

4Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:08 am

steven_c

steven_c

Right back from work but progress has been slow again had family over so only managed a couple of hours or so..

got rid of the horrible blue insulation tape that was everywhere, started removing some items to check out the vacuum lines as it was running rich with a real cheap boost controller fitted,
will get a electronic boost controller sorted,
i am basically going to run all the lines and wiring back to standard.. if any other gtir is on the Coast would love to look over yours..

bought a standard rear bench so collected that.. Gtir winter green project AUS B15fe110
Gtir winter green project AUS C84d7710
Gtir winter green project AUS 5900e810

5Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:13 am

steven_c

steven_c

Started the strip down of the interior to replaced the drilled, cracked, hole'd stuff to bring it back to mint condition,

got a replacement carpet abc dash, deciding to flock the new dash but not sure yet, full custom gtir interior is out and is for sale..

Gtir winter green project AUS 2a76da10
Gtir winter green project AUS E042f610
Gtir winter green project AUS 70445e10

6Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:14 am

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS 0cfe5d10
Gtir winter green project AUS D4bf6510

7Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:17 am

steven_c

steven_c

day 1 of been home for the week, got the new carpet cleaned and fitted, got the clocks stripped and cleaned and rebuilt,
and made myself a clutch support bracket,been around these long enough to know that this mod is a must.
Will be picking the dash up at some point soon,.

Gtir winter green project AUS 3cd39810
Gtir winter green project AUS 44607710
Gtir winter green project AUS Eef9a410

8Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:19 am

steven_c

steven_c

Managed to get the car up on stands and have a real good look around,

has braided brake lines, short shifter,
needs a wheel bearing and going to remove and re-bush everything underneath

Gtir winter green project AUS 49a14210
Gtir winter green project AUS B89ed710

9Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:23 am

steven_c

steven_c

Stripped all the old suspension off as it looked tired and leaking going with tein coilovers.
removed the door cards and stripped down, going to the trimmers with rear bench.
front brakes removed and waiting on the bigger brakes for the front to arrive..

on in a search for a mint dash,..

Gtir winter green project AUS 776be110
Gtir winter green project AUS 7e24cc10
Gtir winter green project AUS 11172710

10Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:25 am

steven_c

steven_c

Brakes arrived today require a good strip down and clean over all pretty happy with the kit considering what I paid, will be a nice touch keeping them Nissan also

Gtir winter green project AUS 3d6e3410

11Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:27 am

steven_c

steven_c

New brake and clutch lines fitted, front wheel bearings stripped, and dust guards removed to help fit the bigger discs. New bushes and drop links to order and change next

Gtir winter green project AUS 331d5b10

12Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:29 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nice to see a worthy one getting some tlc .

13Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:30 am

steven_c

steven_c

It's been slow and steady with progress mostly collecting parts or trying to... it seems to be only going in one direction with is stripping it down,

wanting to get the interior off soon to get re-trimmed, also need parts sand plasting so can be repainted..

caliper rebuild kit kit on order

found out when checking out the front strut brace stamped up as nismo

found a mint dash ash but unfortunately in the U.K.. so shipping will be fun..
Gtir winter green project AUS 17cfac10
Gtir winter green project AUS 02692510
Gtir winter green project AUS 4912aa10

14Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:32 am

steven_c

steven_c

Front brakes and Nismo strut brace back front the sand blasters,

Rebuild kit waiting at home and then colour choice on the calipers. ????????????

Gtir winter green project AUS Ba79d510

15Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:35 am

steven_c

steven_c

Arrived back on the coast..

Dashboard arrived from Uk,
along with a rear seatbelt, brake rebuild kits,
its good that I can start putting the interior back together..
got a month off work so plenty to do..

also managed to score a 2nd gearbox and transfer box, for $50 going to strip and rebuild with PAR insides ???????? Also came with a solid mount..

Gtir winter green project AUS 6a2daa10
Gtir winter green project AUS 8edbc510

16Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:36 am

steven_c

steven_c

Front calipers rebuilt and painted,

Also decided to do the nismo brace in yellow same as the calipers, also the “NISSAN” writing will be painted black.

will be doing full bush and mounts in yellow, will have black wheels eventually,
Gtir winter green project AUS 9a4f8210

17Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:38 am

steven_c

steven_c

Brace finished

and new front bearings arrived. ????????

Gtir winter green project AUS Ffdfed10

18Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:40 am

steven_c

steven_c

Finished off bolting most of dash and surround up,

also I got a rear seat belt “Nissan” one that I knew that needed replacing, but one when I went to change it out found for some reason all of my belts have been changed to a aftermarket Austrian brand!! So will no need to source the rest of the belts!!!

removed to the right sill to see the damage under after someone has decided to crush the sill when jacking up so will be bringing that all straight again,,
Gtir winter green project AUS 82341110
Gtir winter green project AUS 08163e10
Gtir winter green project AUS Cd44c410

19Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:42 am

steven_c

steven_c

So today I managed to straighten out the sill and still will need primer and protecting.

started to pull the motor just dropped it’s oils and coolant lines off seen there’s no coolant been run through the system in a while just water!!

Also my BRIDE fabric arrived just need to find a good motor trimmers on the coast that will do it..

pulled the turbo off as its no part of my future plans, also rocker cover just to see if it had any goodies in there..

wife not not impressed but am taking over the whole garage..

Gtir winter green project AUS 92a46a10
Gtir winter green project AUS 1c3a9e10
Gtir winter green project AUS 7884e610

Last edited by steven_c on 2nd July 2018, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:45 am

steven_c

steven_c

So cleared out around the gtir so I could get the jet wash out and clean all in my arches and sills, and under body.
found obviously a mouse had chewed through my washer lines.,. ????????????

Also so brace is finished off.. with the correct sticker this time..

sill is straightened a lot better needs finishing..

trying to find a motor trimmers on the Gold Coast to get my seat and door cards dropped off to get done, hopefully drop them off before heading back to work..

Plan is to finish interior off then start at the rear end then front, then motor and box remove, rebuild.

Also found there are none standard injectors looks to be evo injectors, could be wrong.

Also noticed it has a rear white line rear sway bar..????????

Gtir winter green project AUS 0e668410
Gtir winter green project AUS 76cd1410
Gtir winter green project AUS 99b86f10

21Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:47 am

steven_c

steven_c

Gtir winter green project AUS 9f198810
Gtir winter green project AUS 9064e610
Gtir winter green project AUS F4827210

22Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:49 am

steven_c

steven_c

The gtir interior will soon be finished ready for collecting when I get back from work.

Black sides need a good clean up and to get the material back 100%

Next will I’ll be coilovers..

Gtir winter green project AUS Bbf0c810
Gtir winter green project AUS C28cf410
Gtir winter green project AUS 9ac99410

23Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:54 am

steven_c

steven_c

It’s been a while had a fair bit going on haven’t really made any progress just getting the interior sorted and then it’ll be seatbelts and coilovers next.. then I’ll start pulling the engine and gearbox out..

picked up a parcel shelf elf I decided to remove speakers and repair or just leave the speaker in.

also decided to go with the 5 stud conversion, so new brakes all round needed,

new radio brackets came from the Japan and also bearing retainer..

Gtir winter green project AUS D3c6ec10

24Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:55 am

steven_c

steven_c

Not been up to much of late..
still just the ordering of more parts and waiting for them to arrive, interior should be too far away then, start on the suspension and bushes..

got bored at work and had a spare clutch fork.. ????????

Gtir winter green project AUS 1d3dce10
Gtir winter green project AUS Db519f10

25Gtir winter green project AUS Empty Re: Gtir winter green project AUS 2nd July 2018, 11:56 am

steven_c

steven_c

Picked up Maxima rear calipers $100 for the pair, happy with them, can start the 5 stud conversion, rear brake disc from a maxima and front skyline gtst.. ????????

Gtir winter green project AUS 5d38b510
Gtir winter green project AUS 65388710

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum