Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My horrific rust repair project

+4
gtir_woody
nomad
johnny gtir
Ryaneg6freak
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 22b51710
My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 05d07f10[url=https://servimg.com/view/19588151/42]

27My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 2nd February 2020, 11:05 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Have to cut away about 90% of a 5 door arch to be able to use it on a GTi-R, but that’s ok, that’s the bit I needed anyway. Got it Cleco’d in and cut out the old rusted panel and got the new one tacked in. I had to stop for the day. Note that I temporarily clamped the quarter panel back in to fit the arch, so the panel wouldn’t warp. After I’m done here I’ll pull the quarter back off the properly prime and seam seal the backside of the welds. My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 5f1e3d10
My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 A3c40710
My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 0cf01010

28My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 2nd February 2020, 11:06 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 421e2910
My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 194e4410

29My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 4th February 2020, 8:22 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looking good, i didnt realise you had to cut away so much of the 5 door arch or is that just how you decided to do it?

30My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 4th February 2020, 1:15 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

You have to. That’s all that’s left that you can even use. None of it matched up to a 3 door at all. Only the basic arch radius is the same, oh, and you have to drill the holes for the arch trims too.

31My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 9th February 2020, 7:50 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thats good to know, Maybe Ill cut down my 5door arches and save room while they are in storage.

32My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 9th February 2020, 1:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have seen more used but not in person just pictures. A lot don’t drill the arch trims and just stick them on as it’s a area they start to rust from

33My horrific rust repair project - Page 2 Empty Re: My horrific rust repair project 9th February 2020, 2:37 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

You could cut them up higher in the center portion, but I didn’t really need to. The rear portion where the over pressure valve mounts to is also too short. If you wanted to use that you’d have cut that part in half and weld in an extension. I’ll take a picture and show you what I mean

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum