Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

rust killer...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1rust killer... Empty rust killer... 4th April 2015, 3:11 pm

houghy_1

Hi guys,I'm just about to start my front end re-furb, I was wondering what was a good rust killer/treatment?? I'm gonna treat it brush, grind the surface stuff of and prime if needed then give it all a spray in black again and a bit of a waxoyl treatment maybe down the box sections??
What's people's opinions?? 
Ta,Matt

2rust killer... Empty Re: rust killer... 5th April 2015, 10:50 am

toaster55

toaster55

I've always used jenolite as I found some off the other treatments which are water based are shit. But make sure you leave on for twice the recommended time as it works even better then, as it makes a surface conversion film on the metal and prevents further corrosion. Well that's what the scientist at work tell us anyway. I covered my whole mini van in it 8 years ago and its not rusted yet

3rust killer... Empty Re: rust killer... 5th April 2015, 3:40 pm

houghy_1

Thanks toaster,I just wondered if anybody had first person experience of any of the different brands rather than just being a sheep and getting hammerite kurust.
I've got some stuff on the way that should do the trick. I'll start a thread.When.I.got.time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum