Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power steering rack rebuild

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Power steering rack rebuild Empty Power steering rack rebuild 10th August 2017, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Does anyone know or point me in the right direction for the parts to rebuild the power steering rack, cant remember if I have asked this before lol

Can I do it myself or just easier taking it somewhere?

2Power steering rack rebuild Empty Re: Power steering rack rebuild 10th August 2017, 5:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best place for parts is nissan really or shop dealing with rack overhaul as fair few bits be same as lot of others.
What's wrong with rack, if just seals and bushing not too hard or expensive get bits from nissan, if everything well worn inc rack gearing then it tricky repair and donor racks complete or for parts likely needed .
I not done an R one but from previous hassle and costs on racks I tend favor sourcing A1 used or at least a used with good rack and pinion condition so a basic seal, bushings refresh gives better chance of worthwhile end result .

3Power steering rack rebuild Empty Re: Power steering rack rebuild 10th August 2017, 8:41 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks B, I just brought a second hand rack and basically wanted to overhaul it and future proof for any problems now.

4Power steering rack rebuild Empty Re: Power steering rack rebuild 13th August 2017, 10:08 pm

splmum

splmum

gtir_woody wrote:Thanks B, I just brought a second hand rack and basically wanted to overhaul it and future proof for any problems now.

Chris, just take it to a Power Steering shop, I had 2 done in Sydney and cost was about $260, you also get a warranty, but as yours is a spare it may not work.
Couldn't be frigged with the mucking about for those $$$'s

5Power steering rack rebuild Empty Re: Power steering rack rebuild 14th August 2017, 8:12 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks for the advice mate. Yeah agreed, sounds easier just to take it somewhere and save myself the hassle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum