Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions Hi-tec brakes?

+9
nomad
Papajohns
mightydquinn
GTIR James
PartyPete
shroom
hreggtir
johnny gtir
Bandyleg
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 9:51 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:Someone in the car pumping brakes and the braket was slightly moving but the caliper itself was creaking and bulging  and they were not old ones or anything

Man that's caliper expanding sounds like a dodgy caliper to me, WTF did you do?

27Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 1:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was equal flex on both sides just like they were Cheap end of the scale

28Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 1:19 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:Was equal flex on both sides just like they were Cheap end of the scale

Noo surely not... that really isn't what you expect at all from a "Reputable" brake company!!

29Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 11:19 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Black diamond discs are good! I had black diamond discs and yellow stuff on the rear but I took them off to upgrade to a 300mm rear disc set up! I only did a couple hundred miles or so with my black diamonds on, but they were good! They wouldn't have been good enough to keep the brake balance to go with the 335mm 6 pot front brakes though so that's why I took them off!

30Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 29th January 2016, 5:21 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

For road use Akebono 2 pot floating caliper & 276 or 294 discs mixed with good pads is all you need & keeps unsprung weight low & is very sensible cost .
Wilwoods are not the best but ok if pick up at decent price.
I would sell your K-sport via forum or eBay & either buy k-sport 6 pots if can get good price or hispecs.
If your k-sports are new or like new condition they worth decent money .

31Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 29th January 2016, 9:50 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks Mr B, all points taken on board from everyone .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum