Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions Hi-tec brakes?

+9
nomad
Papajohns
mightydquinn
GTIR James
PartyPete
shroom
hreggtir
johnny gtir
Bandyleg
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 6:47 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Well as title says everyone.... opinions on hitec calipers?? 4 pots...
Been offered them with discs and pads for.my 8 pots...

2Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 6:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hi spec ?

3Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:07 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Yeah apparently lol!

Serious though yes sorry it's Bloody predictive text on my phone.

4Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:11 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Ive got em still waiting to go on mine. They are only down the road from me, I know they are always busy, took over 2 weeks to make my discs. few R's on here with them on can tell you more but highly rated from what I hear.

5Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:20 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Ok bud, ta for that.. I think I'll stick to tried and tested and well known when it comes to brakes.

6Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:21 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I think I'm also part snob lol

7Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:23 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've got Carbotech pads going on as well. They're your way

8Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:23 pm

shroom

shroom

I have had them on 3 of my Rs and always liked them. My one R has the 280 discs and if I plant my foot it stops seriously quickly. The other has the 320mm larger setup but not fitted yet. I have dealt with the company as I needed a fitting kit and new dust boots. Cost a few quid and send straight out always had a really good service with them.

9Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 7:28 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Thanks guys Smile

I'll bare it in mind.

10Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 8:13 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Had them on mine with the carbotech pads and they were awesome, best way to put it! Practically put me through the windscreen with those pads in. Would have them again!

11Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I personally rate them over willwods

12Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 8:46 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnny gtir wrote:I personally rate them over willwods

That's interesting..
Why's that?... I've not had either.

13Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 9:05 pm

shroom

shroom

I had a set of Wilwoods too, braided hose that came with them failed and was a right pain trying to find any info on what exact calipers I had and how I could sorce any as they were a specific fitting for the calipets. Hispec have standard fittings so much easier and can phone them.

14Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 9:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The car I fitted them to (pulsar) not mine found them not the best think they were lower end but I could see calipers flexing. 

I love my tarrox 6 pot compact range fit under 16 and designed for the R so are my tarrox 6pot 320 not that ther fitted yet but drove one with.  tell you what there as good as my big ap or not far off. I do run hispec for pots on one of my R,s at present and that's where I get my above statement of better than willwoods (read somewhere wilwods have no dust covers and or need rebuilt more often due to this) 

Also drove A R with k sport 8pots and I think they look the nuts but the master cylinder ain't desinged for them. I found the k sport 4 pots to work as well as the 8s. Out of all the pads I highly rate carbotec expensive and dusty but the best performance both cold and hot. I run bigger rear discs. Had a lot of brake set ups and drove R's with many set ups. Not all in anger as respect others cars but there my opinions and would back them up with examples

15Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 9:36 pm

youll find mixed reviews with them really some rate wilwood better some rate hispec better
unless they had had more staff training hi spec were only marginally better at customer service than godspeed
rally design work with wilwood and service is spot on
personally id save up and buy ap brakes

16Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 9:40 pm

GTIR James

Agree my hi specs seem good with carbotech xp8s. I think they are shite with other pads tho & they go under 15s

17Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 9:51 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I originally had 2 pulsars, one with 4 pot wilwoods and one with 4 pot hi spec brakes, the high spec brakes gave a much shorter brake pedal travel which I preferred! I then bought the same billet 4 hi spec set up in blue to match my car, and now have the hi spec 6 pot R132 race set up with 335mm discs, carbotech xp10's and xp12's for track, and they're really good, if anything too sensitive as I only tickle the brakes when on the road and feel like it's trying to put me through the windscreen!!

18Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 10:24 pm

Papajohns

johnny gtir wrote:The car I fitted them to (pulsar) not mine found them not the best think they were lower end but I could see calipers flexing. 

I love my tarrox 6 pot compact range fit under 16 and designed for the R so are my tarrox 6pot 320 not that ther fitted yet but drove one with.  tell you what there as good as my big ap or not far off. I do run hispec for pots on one of my R,s at present and that's where I get my above statement of better than willwoods (read somewhere wilwods have no dust covers and or need rebuilt more often due to this) 

Also drove A R with k sport 8pots and I think they look the nuts but the master cylinder ain't desinged for them. I found the k sport 4 pots to work as well as the 8s. Out of all the pads I highly rate carbotec expensive and dusty but the best performance both cold and hot. I run bigger rear discs. Had a lot of brake set ups and drove R's with many set ups. Not all in anger as respect others cars but there my opinions and would back them up with examples

8snotters
Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Picture060

brakes brakes brakes,there a science in them selves, if your MC doesn't match your piston cc, you'll end with a spongy pedal,longer travel and reduced braking efficiency or some bollocks like that

Still like Johnny says they look the shiz-no

19Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 10:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They look a very snug fit to the wheel .... looks like a few mm between them top and bottom ...

20Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 10:38 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

robd wrote:youll find mixed reviews with them really some rate wilwood better some rate hispec better
unless they had had more staff training hi spec were only marginally better at customer service than godspeed
rally design work with wilwood and service is spot on
personally id save up and buy ap brakes

Lol and that's another brand in the mix, I understand people.have preferences based on experience and usage. I'm swapping my 8 pots and have been offered both, hispec in 280mm and willwood in 322 mm, now both will.apparently fit under 16s with the right wheel.
A science is.one word for it, I guess if money isn't an issue you can do as you please and pick what you want. I'd keep the 8 pots but just way over kill for the driving ill be doing, plus cost of new bits for them is an expense I don't need.
I've never herd of caliper flex before but then I've never looked this way into brakes before.

I think on this occasion I'm going with my gut and sticking to my thoughts of the wilwood 322.

How did you spot flexing... not that I'm doubting just curios.

21Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 11:08 pm

Moss Ali

Anyone tried black diamond discs ? I'm thinking of getting them for the rears and ebc yellow stuff pads all around. I think they give the best bang for your money

22Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 11:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Someone in the car pumping brakes and the braket was slightly moving but the caliper itself was creaking and bulging  and they were not old ones or anything

23Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 24th January 2016, 11:23 pm

Papajohns

You think carbotech is expensive, try project mu!

For my Brembo setup xp 10's are £185 the project mu,s are £380

Whatever you decide to do it'll be infinitely better than the oe milk bottle tops

24Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 7:54 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Had hi-tec 8 pots on mine when I got it, nothing wrong with them at all. Stopped quicker than any car I've owned, they did fade after a few laps with some very hard braking.

Had the 330mm disc setup, wouldn't fit under anything other than 18s though hence my descision to go for a different setup. Tires are expensive!

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

25Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Empty Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? 25th January 2016, 7:59 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Papajohns wrote: 8snotters
Opinions Hi-tec brakes?  Picture060

brakes brakes brakes,there a science in them selves, if your MC doesn't match your piston cc, you'll end with a spongy pedal,longer travel and reduced braking efficiency or some bollocks like that

Still like Johnny says they look the shiz-no

Man they fill those wheels good, looks rad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum