Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff

+24
khrys
Ryaneg6freak
DC313
drunkmunky
gtircrazy
Mr B
Riceracer
shroom
toaster55
CanadianLynx
gtir_woody
johnny gtir
mc_hawkings24
DezGtir
Bandyleg
mreguest
mightydquinn
nomad
Moss Ali
GTi ARGHH
aussy mick
ckd281081
Stu
Whytie
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th April 2016, 12:38 am

drunkmunky

I concur.

johnny gtir wrote:I personally say take his lead off his experiance as even testing them will take a lot of time and I personally think he will get very close anyway. From what I hear this is why the last group buy had people drop out they just could not wait that long

77Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 23rd April 2016, 10:52 pm

Moss Ali

A Nismo diff sold on ebay today for £255. Come on, fess' up. Which one of you buggers bagged it?

78Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th April 2016, 7:10 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I put a bid in at less than 100 lol I don't know enough of checking it and heard of warn ones so I could not bid high on that basis

79Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th April 2016, 8:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Was it a front or rear?

80Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th April 2016, 9:12 pm

Moss Ali

Looked like a rear one.

Didn't bid much on it either for the same reasons

81Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th April 2016, 9:14 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was rear mate

82Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 24th April 2016, 10:43 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

ah yeah, I was just wondering, good price never the less.

83Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 28th April 2016, 6:19 am

DC313

DC313

Yea spotted that on ebay, but again didnt bid cos of that same reason. and the collection only was abit off putting!

Just chased frank up again about centre diff prices. So will report back as soon as I know anything!

Cheers

84Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 29th April 2016, 3:33 am

drunkmunky

not having an eta and a deposit sum is making this/these a difficult item to budget.

hell i'm almost forgetting about it....

updates?

85Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 29th April 2016, 8:51 am

shroom

shroom

Guess thats the problem with this type of thing. It takes time.... and as a result why its fell through in the past. Its a 25 year old car with quite a small following so why would any business (unless they have a die hard interest in the GTiR) bust their gut for so little gain? I guess its good he is even considering it again and developing something new

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

86Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 29th April 2016, 9:13 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Well said mate, im sure frank doesn't make a shit load of money off them but he seems like a good guy wanting to help out a small community. That's why is important not to fook him around.

87Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 29th April 2016, 10:57 am

drunkmunky

that's why i kept on pushing him to give me a sum for the deposit. if the guy has my money, i remember, if you know what i'm sayin'

88Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 17th May 2016, 9:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Any update on this?

89Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 18th May 2016, 9:19 am

DC313

DC313

Hi all,

I just dropped Frank an email this morning for an update, as last comms was at the end of last month when he said:

'Yes al going good we have made some changes to the design will try and work out some prices
The fronts are in the machine now being made
So far all going to plan
Keep you posted
Regards
Frank.'

I'll let you know his response from today.

Cheers

90Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th May 2016, 6:19 am

DC313

DC313

Hello everyone,

Had a reply from Frank!
He has said the front's should be ready next week! Previously I have asked for details for deposits etc and prices for the centre diff so we can get them secured and all shipped at once, but had no response to that question. I will ask again!

It makes sense to me to get both the fronts and centres shipped over in one hit to cut down on costs!

On the upside I have a rough estimate from him for the centre diff price!

1900AUD = £940 with current exchange rates (this is a ramp and plate style diff)
Continuing if we use the same format as the front diff.
Deposit = £350
Shipping $100 = £50
Import Duty and Tax = £253.80

Total: £1243.80

Please note this is a rough estimate from Frank, but could people confirm they are still interested in the centre at this price.

Many Thanks

Last edited by DC313 on 20th May 2016, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

91Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th May 2016, 6:56 am

ckd281081

I had my name down for a front, but it's took so long to come around that since then I've changed careers, changed cars, and the wife's had 3 baby scans Laughing so I'm definitely out

92Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th May 2016, 7:40 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I didn't think frank was making anything until receiving deposits?

93Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th May 2016, 9:37 pm

mc_hawkings24

Still waiting for the transfer box diff so i'm in

94Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 19th May 2016, 10:11 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Would be best having someone in Australia to ship them and save on import fees.

Hopefully something comes around with the centre diffs.

95Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 5:49 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I am still in as long as he 100% makes them and dose not sell us the front then not bother with the centre

96Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 6:01 am

DC313

DC313

Yea I thought he wouldnt make with out deposits, but here we are, guess he's had a lot of interest so happy to make them at risk! I'm hoping he will make both then we can ship all together!

I'll keep you all updated anyway!

Cheers

97Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 6:02 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I can not see him sitting on the fronts until all the centres done but hope he proves me wrong

98Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 7:36 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Fair enough, I guess that's his decision to start production on the front without deposit. There is heaps of interest anyway.

In regards to postage we could look at what difference would be, maybe I could post them individually over there, depends if it's a massive differnce.

99Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 12:00 pm

DC313

DC313

^^

That sounds like a good idea!

I was planning on comparing the difference between shipping them all out individually and shipping the UK ones to me which I’ll then distribute, But if we could compare shipping them all to you woody and then you sending them on that would be great.

I'll try and get some diff box dims and weights of Frank, if not I’m sure we can estimate.

100Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 4 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 20th May 2016, 4:41 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I've got a nismo front diff in an other car so I'm curious to feel the difference between both. I think this is the issue with the group buys on these. It can be a long wait for a front diff which is understandable due to low volume and sales but I could go and buy a brand new nismo front diff today as they are still availible and easy to get.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum