Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modena GTi-R front diff

+8
splmum
nomad
Whytie
jaypjay
FPSChris
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
knights of nee
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 8:12 am

knights of nee

I've been trying to buy one of these for years but every time their has been group buy I've either missed it or not been able to afford one, These diffs are not the plated type but rather the torque biasing type like you find in the front of a ford RS focus.

who would be interested ?. 

Hi Rob.
It’s been normally 10 units but as it builds up we end up doing 15/20 units but 10 would be good to keep the prices the same as last time $1100AUD plus shipping.

Regards
Frank.

Modena Engineering Australia Pty Ltd
Factory 2/11 Daniel Drive
CARRUM DOWNS VIC 3201 AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 3 9782 4420
Fax: +61 3 9782 4260.

Last edited by knights of nee on 28th October 2013, 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

2Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 8:13 am

knights of nee

Just got another quick reply that make me have a bit more hope of actually buying one with or with out the group buy.

I like the bit about the centre diff as well.

Hi Rob
That’s what the last guy said and we had quite a large turnout just need to get the ball rolling but if we have no joy I will make a few and put them on the shelf we always get inquiries about these units we must get on to the centre diff as well.

Regards
Frank.

Fax: +61 3 9782 4260

3Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 10:46 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

whats that work out to shipped rob in £?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 11:04 am

knights of nee

GTI-R US wrote:whats that work out to shipped rob in £?
No idea mate I've asked him what the shipping would be. But the £1100 price works out at £652.828 at the moment, I'm not to bothered about price personally but I know it will be an issue for some people, I'm sure by the time it arrives with duty paid you're going to be looking at least a grand.

But seeing as a good front diff is about the best mod you can make to a pulsar I think it's a bargain compared to other stuff like turbos that people don't worry about paying through the nose for, I was just going to fit a phantom grip which worked very well on my old car. I just noticed an old group buy for them on the OC where some Muppet said he'd be willing to supply them for £375 Shocked , Mine only cost me £95 and they're only about £140 these days.

I'll post up when I get an idea about the shipping costs.

Rob

5Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 9:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

whats those phantom grips like as never driven a car with one fitted before?

your still gonna be looking at 1k+ for a Modena diff with shipping and possible import duty and tbh for that kind of money I would rather put that toward something else on the car
driven a car with Modena fitted and there certainly better than the nismo front plated diffs but still cant warrant that money unless money is no object on a pulsar

be good to know your honest opinion on the phantom grips though

6Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 10:03 pm

knights of nee

GTI-R US wrote:whats those phantom grips like as never driven a car with one fitted before?

your still gonna be looking at 1k+ for a Modena diff with shipping and possible import duty and tbh for that kind of money I would rather put that toward something else on the car
driven a car with Modena fitted and there certainly better than the nismo front plated diffs but still cant warrant that money unless money is no object on a pulsar

be good to know your honest opinion on the phantom grips though
Well I thought the phantom grip was just about the best thing I ever fitted to my R, Completely cured the understeer mate, In fact it was nearly as fast across country as the new 08 STi I had at the time, It could murder it on the straights but that Scooby sure went around corners well lol.

I did fit the heavy duty phantom grip though.

As for the Modena diff I don't care about cost mate money is in fact money is no object with this build, But I'm only going for 360-380 bhp because I want a standard looking car on the outside and under the bonnet, But I will have a very fancy small turbo lol.

Rob

7Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 10:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mmmmm! I would buy a phantom grip then based on what you've just said.
cant see many on the group buy for the modenas simply because of the price but could be quite a few willing to pay for a phantom grip.

would you mind finding out if you could get a discount on those as would definitely take one of them seeing as ive got the lump out and dogbox already to go back in I may aswell get the front diff sorted too
reckon we could definitely get 10 after them possibly more

8Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th October 2013, 10:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

My car has a phantom grip bob and for road use they are really good i have not experianced a modena or similar but i would say phantom grip are a perfect balance for my driving and b roads work very well not to harsh if that makes sense

9Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 29th October 2013, 8:05 am

knights of nee

Just got this reply which shows the shipping and payment costs are not that bad, Of cause you have to pay import duty as well but that's bit of a lottery.

Hi Rob,

Freight to the UK is approximately $160.00AU, but if there were a few going to the UK they could be shipped to one address which would bring the cost down per item.

We don’t have paypal but do accept credit card with a bank surcharge of 1.25% which is $13.75au on $1100.00

Kind regards,
Tracie

Fax: +61 3 9782 4260

10Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 29th October 2013, 8:38 am

knights of nee

They also just said they maybe able to take paypal he was checking with the boss man.

Rob

11Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 31st October 2013, 8:01 am

knights of nee

Right they can't take paypal only bank transfer or credit card with a 1.25% card fee.

I got a reply this morning saying they are planning on having 12 units ready before their Christmas break so not long to wait if you want one.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Rob

12Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 31st October 2013, 8:49 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

GTI-R US wrote:Mmmmm! I would buy a phantom grip then based on what you've just said.
cant see many on the group buy for the modenas simply because of the price but could be quite a few willing to pay for a phantom grip.

would you mind finding out if you could get a discount on those as would definitely take one of them seeing as ive got the lump out and dogbox already to go back in I may aswell get the front diff sorted too
Ditto.
I'm up for a phantom grip. Modena is too pricey for me.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

13Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 31st October 2013, 4:25 pm

knights of nee

FPSChris wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:Mmmmm! I would buy a phantom grip then based on what you've just said.

Ditto.
I'm up for a phantom grip. Modena is too pricey for me.
It depends whether you are being arse rapped for the phantom grip like the group buy on the OC Shocked Rolling Eyes .

I think they're about £140 now days not sure.

But it's up to you guys I to was very happy with my old phantom grip, But I think a proper diff is a far better long term solution, Most of you lot will sell your pulsars with a year or tow and go and buy something else like an Evo so it maybe doesn't make sense to you, But I'm never selling this one so I want it built properly first time no corners cut.

Rob

14Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 31st October 2013, 11:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

so in good old fashioned £££ rob what we looking at in total delivered for one of these?

15Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 1st November 2013, 10:16 am

knights of nee

GTI-R US wrote:so in good old fashioned £££ rob what we looking at in total delivered for one of these?
I only know the price of the unit and shipping mate which is £650 for the diff and £95 shipping at the current exchange rate plus add 1.25% on that total if you're paying with your credit card.

I've no idea about import duty but you probably have to factor in another 25% I'd of thought. Unless you get lucky and it slips through lol.

You have to be prepared to paying a grand I'd of thought mate.

The machining on my new engine is costing that before I even start the building so I don't think it's that bad.

Rob

16Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 1st November 2013, 12:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers rob il have a think about it over the weekend but may go with a phantom grip

17Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 1st November 2013, 3:25 pm

knights of nee

GTI-R US wrote:cheers rob il have a think about it over the weekend but may go with a phantom grip
You got some northern roots or something lol, It's only a few gtr fuel refills .

18Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 4th November 2013, 1:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

knights of nee wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:cheers rob il have a think about it over the weekend but may go with a phantom grip
You got some northern roots or something lol, It's only a few gtr fuel refills .

yeah thing is rob, I spent thousands once before like yourself getting the car where I wanted it at and one thing I did learn was that you lose crap loads of money and just don't want to put myself back in that boat again if im honest as its a sticky slope to chucking shed loads into an old car that you will never ever get back.
ive set myself a 5k budget (plus running gear from my trackcar) for the rasheen/pulsar and tbh I would rather use the 1k to go toward a good standalone ecu and mapping.

my old car handled great without the diff but im willing to chuck £140 at a phantom grip as ive never driven one with those fitted before and its not a huge loss if you don't like it.

19Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 4th November 2013, 2:29 pm

knights of nee

I don't think you'd loose much on a Modena diff mate you know as well as I do you could always flog it for good money, But I understand where you're coming from and if the group buy doesn't happen I'll be joining you with the phantom grip it did work noticeably on my old car.

20Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 26th November 2013, 6:55 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Update did you say the lad was on hols ? I am getting tempted to buy this

21Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th November 2013, 9:00 am

knights of nee

johnny gtir wrote:Update did you say the lad was on hols ? I am getting tempted to buy this
I'm still waiting for him to mail me mate, I'll let you know when he does.

Rob

22Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th November 2013, 12:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah ive decided to lash out on one aswell
as said if you ever break the car for any reason youll still get a good price back on them as there aren't many about

23Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th November 2013, 10:12 pm

jaypjay

jaypjay

Knight. Can you throw a sneaky reminder in the center diff too rob Wink ?

24Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th November 2013, 11:08 pm

knights of nee

jaypjay wrote:Knight. Can you throw a sneaky reminder in the center diff too rob Wink?
Yes I did mention it already but I'll do so again matey.

25Modena GTi-R front diff Empty Re: Modena GTi-R front diff 28th November 2013, 11:18 pm

jaypjay

jaypjay

Good man. I hope they decided to do a batch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum