Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff

+24
khrys
Ryaneg6freak
DC313
drunkmunky
gtircrazy
Mr B
Riceracer
shroom
toaster55
CanadianLynx
gtir_woody
johnny gtir
mc_hawkings24
DezGtir
Bandyleg
mreguest
mightydquinn
nomad
Moss Ali
GTi ARGHH
aussy mick
ckd281081
Stu
Whytie
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st March 2016, 7:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Are payments going directly to Modena for these?

52Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st March 2016, 8:24 am

DC313

DC313

gtir_woody wrote:Are payments going directly to Modena for these?

I was planning on taking the deposit and payment side of life then send it in one hit for the UK based people.

I'm in discussions with Frank about the couple of guys in Aus who are after the diffs, it seems silly not to send the money direct to him and get the diff's sent direct to yourselves.

Cheers

53Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st March 2016, 8:42 am

DC313

DC313

mc_hawkings24 wrote:I'm in epsom and after the transfer box diff

I think we had this chat before didnt we?

I class the front diff as the diff that drives the front wheels, and the centre diff the one that splits the drive between the front and rear wheels regardless of their position in gearboxes or transferboxes.

The front diff is the one Frank has made before and replaces the 'open' front diff on the front wheels.

The centre diff is one we are asking him to develop if there is enough interest and he is willing to.
Please confirm you are happy with being in the 'front' diff list.

Cheers

54Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st March 2016, 1:04 pm

mc_hawkings24

Yes centre diff is in the gear box and front diff is in the transfer box. But yes i'm after the front diff.

55Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 31st March 2016, 8:39 pm

DezGtir

I'm in Aberdeen, looking for the front diff at the moment and centre if the prices are good.

56Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 1st April 2016, 5:06 pm

mc_hawkings24

When do you want to start taking payments?

57Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 1st April 2016, 5:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

DC313 wrote:

I was planning on taking the deposit and payment side of life then send it in one hit for the UK based people.

I'm in discussions with Frank about the couple of guys in Aus who are after the diffs, it seems silly not to send the money direct to him and get the diff's sent direct to yourselves.

Cheers
I think you will find members are fine paying a deposit up front but sending it to Modena direct. Frank can not say it hard work reciving money. Just make sure everyone has a deposit and pay over a week so he ain't getting messed about

58Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 6:32 am

DC313

DC313

mc_hawkings24 wrote:When do you want to start taking payments?

Deposits when I've heard back from Frank confirming up on everything and when people this side have confirmed locations.

59Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 6:37 am

DC313

DC313

johnny gtir wrote:
DC313 wrote:

Cheers
I think you will find members are fine paying a deposit up front but sending it to Modena direct. Frank can not say it hard work reciving money. Just make sure everyone has a deposit and pay over a week so he ain't getting messed about

Yea thats fine with me, Makes my life easier if anything. Will arange when I hear back and see the best way of sorting postage then, as he was wanting to send them over on one pallet in one hit so we could save on cost then the plan was for me to distrubute throughout the UK.

Cheers

60Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 7:32 am

DezGtir

Sounds good, just keep us updated. Quicker we get the front one done and dusted the better. Then I can put my name down for a centre as well.

61Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 1:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Trouble is he dose the front clocks the cash then the center won't happen. Hold him to his word with both lists at once

62Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 2:11 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Is it ok if I can get on this? Interested in front diff as finally have some spare cash!

63Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 6:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Of course it is

64Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 6:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

CanadianLynx wrote:Front Diff:
1:DC313 (Me)
2:mc Hawkins24
3:fpschris
4:woody
5: aussy mick
6: moss ali
7: Mreguest
8: DezGtir
9:toaster55
10:

Centre Diff:
2:whytie
3:johnny gtir
4:ckd281081
5:CanadianLynx
6:
7:
8:
9:

65Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 7:40 pm

DezGtir

Johnny probably has a point, he might do the fronts then not bother doing the centre diff so just put me down for the centre now as well as the front and see if he can get both run's done at the same time...

66Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 7:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Just don't want him to sell us the dream so to speak. Money talks

67Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 7:52 pm

DezGtir

10:

Centre Diff:
6:DezGtir
7:
8:
9:

68Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 4th April 2016, 8:56 pm

mreguest

mreguest

Ditto! Smile

10:

Centre Diff:
7: mreguest
8:
9:

I note Canada has a few names to consider
https://www.canadagtir.com/forum/for-sale/modena-front-diff-and-maybe-centre-diff

Australia too. Surprised there's not more?
https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/14877-modena-front-diffs/#comment-272001

Sounds like shalom lives quite close to modena and can meet frank. Probably worth synchronising discussions...

Cheers!

69Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 5th April 2016, 10:39 am

DC313

DC313

Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Diff%20Group%20Buy_zpspzhuhgty

Latest list with locations and comments.

And the more the merrier! I'll chase Frank up as not heard back from him, and look into those other forum links.

Many Thanks

Last edited by DC313 on 5th April 2016, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

70Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 6th April 2016, 9:22 am

DC313

DC313

Just to keep everyone in the loop please see the latest reply from Frank:

"Hi Dave
Ok sounds good
As I said before the price for the front diff will be $1100AUD plus some shipping the centre because of its design will be more as its ramp and plate type

Will try and do some costings tomorrow

Best regards
Frank."

With the current conversion rate to the Aus Dollar that comes to £588.94 (according to google)
+ the shipping + the import duty & tax.
Hopefully we'll have the centre diff price soon!

Cheers

71Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 11th April 2016, 7:19 pm

drunkmunky

mreguest wrote:Ditto! Smile

10:drunkmunky (Canada)

Centre Diff:
7: mreguest
8:drunkmunky (Canada)
9:

72Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 11th April 2016, 9:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If this amount ain't enough to make him do it nothing will be

73Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 12th April 2016, 12:16 pm

DC313

DC313

Cheers for getting on board drunkmunky,

I've updated the master list.
Also just dropped Frank another email regarding centre diff pricing and current lead times from reciept of the deposits.

Agreed Johnny!
Hopefully this is enough to get it all going!!!

Cheers

74Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 14th April 2016, 9:50 am

DC313

DC313

Hi All, this is the latest from Frank and my reply. (Still chasing costings)

"Hi Dave

Looks like it may blow out a little
Will get the guys to order some more material for the fronts
The centre is being detailed on the last few points so as soon as the fronts are done we will commence
I will take a stab at the ramp details but I think we need to find a car with a good enough driver to get some feed back
I think this will be the best solution I have a rough idea but the best is to make it aggressive but may not suit the wife using the car to go shopping
Leave it with me I will put some thought in it maybe to setups in the one set of ramps

I will quote it first as this will be a true motorsport setup

Should make a few dicks hard !!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Frank"

"Hi Frank,

Thanks for the email, What sort of ramp angles were you thinking for the centre diff both for both when under drive and coasting?

I think we can go quite agressive as it is a 'track' upgrade, but not too silly, as most of the people who are after them will be more track focused rather than gravel/snow rally stage. And defo not be letting the missis near it for the shopping run! But happy to take your lead to on what you recommend for it.

I'll put some feeders out about preferences and potential testing for one.

Keep us updated.

Cheers
Dave"

So what do the people what re ramp angles?
I think if we get one made and tested it may delay the whole program, but would end up with better results long term. Again views appreciated. I guess if we were to go down this route a driver from Aus would make sense who has time to have gearboxes in and out to swap diffs over?

Or we take Franks lead and see how it turns out?

Cheers

Last edited by DC313 on 14th April 2016, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wordage change)

75Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff - Page 3 Empty Re: Modena Front and Centre Torsen Diff 14th April 2016, 12:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I personally say take his lead off his experiance as even testing them will take a lot of time and I personally think he will get very close anyway. From what I hear this is why the last group buy had people drop out they just could not wait that long

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum