Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

luck aint on my side right now

+13
PartyPete
Andy Sunny Gti
johnny gtir
ROB_IOW
gtir_woody
Stu
shroom
pulsarmoley
Thermal
Mr B
Gtirchris
luke s
Digitalfaze
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 5th November 2015, 11:27 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

nomad wrote:Have they pulled the top of the door out to gain access sye ???

yeah with a crowbar or something, pryed it out so they could get to the lock on the inside.

Yeah not holding my breath about it tbh, given me a little bit of encouragment to get the electrics all sorted now and focus on security

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

27luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 5th November 2015, 12:18 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best thing with security is be a bit sneaky .
alarms are handy but any clued up jacker will bypass most ones in 10 minutes, especially when common ones pro installed, home installed can be nightmare if wiring like a can of exploded spaghetti & alarm a ebay special .
something as simple as a very well hidden switch cutting an ecu feed can really stop car from running more than any cat1 alarm.
Think can conclude from damage they kids & not too good at it :-S
Are you paying out your own pocket, doubt worth using insurance with excess & then increased future policy costs :-(
Least you seem motivated sort it which good, best to gain strength from the experience.
Hope things work out okay ....

28luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 5th November 2015, 3:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you need an ignition key / lock assembly then I have one you can have as a freebie, just cover postage costs sye seeing as your a good lad.

really sorry to hear they did this but that's life unfortunately nowadays, small minded little fukwits after drug money no doubt Rolling Eyes

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

29luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 5th November 2015, 10:05 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

seems like i only need the switch/harness bit which is behind the ignition barrel and the button which you push to release the key, if thats what part you mean?

cheers very much, really appreciated

30luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 10th November 2015, 9:09 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Mr B wrote:Best thing with security is be a bit sneaky .
alarms are handy but any clued up jacker will bypass most ones in 10 minutes, especially when common ones pro installed, home installed can be nightmare if wiring like a can of exploded spaghetti & alarm a ebay special .
something as simple as a very well hidden switch cutting an ecu feed can really stop car from running more than any cat1 alarm.
Are you paying out your own pocket, doubt worth using insurance with excess & then increased future policy costs :-(
Least you seem motivated sort it which good, best to gain strength from the experience.

hey thanks for that i didnt even think about a killswitch, i done some reading and they advise not to do the ecu as it might damage it bu what about the fuel pump? i could run a switch from the new wiring for walbro? easy enough to do?

31luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 10th November 2015, 10:43 am

Rather than a kill switch fit one of the battery idolaters that come with. Key

32luck aint on my side right now - Page 2 Empty Re: luck aint on my side right now 10th November 2015, 1:10 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Digitalfaze wrote:
Mr B wrote:Best thing with security is be a bit sneaky .

hey thanks for that i didnt even think about a killswitch, i done some reading and they advise not to do the ecu as it might damage it bu what about the fuel pump? i could run a switch from the new wiring for walbro? easy enough to do?

You want be sneaky
fuel & starter are common ones be cut for immobiliser
ideally you want run of mill alarm on those circuits then add hidden push switch to cut relay for ecu power feed & do wiring on it as oem neat & hidden as possible. this way they do the norm work on alarm & then if cranking but not starting they wasting time, making noise & end up with wheezy battery too.
I have a small push switch under handbrake soft trim & can only push magic spot when handbrake on. Just do it with quality switch & soldered joints & it will be reliable.
You can do a decent hidden cut switch for less than price of takeaway.
half decent cat1 alarms are cheap these days too, I like the dual zone proximity sensors as a nasty noise while poking around with doors etc prior to entry pisses them off & gives hint it may be not worth the hassle
3 things they hate is noise, time & flashing lights lol .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum