Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

451Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 16th April 2016, 7:38 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

johnboy wrote:
Well done. Good luck with the MOT.

Cheers John

452Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 16th April 2016, 7:54 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Took the R for a slow test drive up and down our street.  Very Happy

Coming out if reverse doesnt quite disengage properly unless its given a good shove right into 5th, so i reckon i may need to look at the detent spring.
Besides that it drove great, even got it into 2nd!

Parked it back on the drive and noticed a small patch of gearbox oil and got that sinking feeling, oh shit.
Had a cup if tea abd eventually plucked up the courage to take a look underneath.
Was relieved to see its only the passenger driveshaft seal thats leaking so at least its not a gearbox out job.
Surprised this is leaking tho because it was a new seal, Maybe it was nipped during install or something.

Besides that no other issues and lets face it, it could've gone a lot worse.
Very Happy  Very Happy

453Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 16th April 2016, 10:38 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Cosmic73 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Well done. Good luck with the MOT.

Cheers John
I newer understand fear of mot ball age maybe because I'm tester yoursofunny

454Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 17th April 2016, 8:46 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Tbh i cant see where it would fail.

All lights work , horn, wipers work. Brakes are good, tyres are good, emissions should be spot on.
Because ive lived under it during the winter, the suspension is solid.
The only thing that might fail is on rust, but its only got a couple of small holes and these are not near a structure critical point.
So, fingers crossed,  Smile

455Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th April 2016, 6:07 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Yep, failed on the rust Sad Sad
But booked in for welding this Wednesday Smile

I had a small oil leak from the driveshaft seal but when i got to the test station it was totally pouring out all over the forecourt and the tester said he couldnt test the car.
Luckily i only live 2 minutes away, so i got it home, took the wheel off to inspect the seal but it was fine. However the driveshaft was loose! Give it a good shunt and heard a reassuring clunk Which totally fixed the leak!
Called the tester and he agreed to test it straight away, top bloke.
Very Happy

456Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th April 2016, 6:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry to hear it failed neil ...not the end of the world small bit of welding ..... where was it gone ????

457Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th April 2016, 8:06 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

50p hole on the front o/s jacking point and similar on the rear n/s jacking point due to the sills being crushed.  Evil or Very Mad
I always knew it might fail on this so its not unexpected, anyway should be welded up wednesday  Very Happy

458Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st April 2016, 6:22 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

My R passed its MOT today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
See you all at Japfest chaps,
moonie

459Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st April 2016, 8:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Finally done! Good work Smile I've enjoyed watching its progress.

460Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st April 2016, 8:50 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Looking forwards to seeing it Sunday! Hopefully be able to say hello

461Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st April 2016, 9:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad it passed for you

462Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th June 2016, 8:13 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Been a while since I updated this post.
I thought I'd treat the R to wash and polish ahead of tomorrows Coventry motorfest,
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Img_2020

463Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th June 2016, 8:14 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuu very shiny!!!

464Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th June 2016, 8:32 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Looks sweet mate

465Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 11th June 2016, 10:13 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Fitted the Toms refurbed alloys,
They look much, much better Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Image10

466Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 11th June 2016, 10:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Man those wheels look awesome thumbsup

467Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 11th June 2016, 11:00 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Cheers Woody,
They make a hell of difference to the ride, its much smoother and quieter compared to the rubber band i had before.
My farmer giles have never felt better Laughing

468Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 11th June 2016, 4:08 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

They do look good in white.

469Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 1st August 2016, 8:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hope your happy with the small power upgrade Neil, it easily made the extra ponies with a few minor alterations Cool

First time ive laid eyes on the car & have to say that everything you have done on her is top notch work so well done!
It makes the tuning job much easier when most is as it should be

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

470Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 7:34 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Just took it for a quick spin after Bob worked his magic on the engine and what a difference!
You can really feel it surge forward in the gears as the boost kicks in.

I LIKE IT! bounce

I had the nipper in the car so I didn't give it too much beans,  but tomorrow on my way to work I'll see what's like on the A roads in 4th and 5th.
But, I'm very pleased Bob, you did exactly what I wanted with no fuss. Thanks  Very Happy

471Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 8:01 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Listen to the whine on that juicy delicious working gear box Laughing

472Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 8:40 pm

shroom

shroom

I like the commentary by your lad lol porche! Its a porsche

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

473Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 8:50 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Sounds great! Glad it's running well mate

474Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 8:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Great video fella .... car looks and sounds like it pulls really well ....well done Wink ...

475Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 19 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd August 2016, 9:55 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

PartyPete wrote:Listen to the whine on that juicy delicious working gear box Laughing

Not much longer now Pete,
There'll soon be a juicy smile on your face too, Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum