Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the pulsar / rasheen project

+24
Indy
shroom
Whytie
johnny gtir
ROB_IOW
johnboy
gtir_woody
Gaz GTiR
jaypjay
Bones
Hardy172cup
buckym120
pulsarmoley
vmax85
watoga
nomad
BEBB GTIR
gtirx2
Sparkie
Andy Sunny Gti
Welling_AL
fred05
Concrete-GTIR
GTI-R US
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1the pulsar / rasheen project Empty the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 1:14 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well as most of you are aware weve bought one of or should I say 2 of these hideous ugly cars as they are 100% pulsar based so ideal project to run big power in a very stealth kind of way
for those that haven't seen the cars here are the 2 of them

first the white one which will be the conversion car and is fitted with an sr18det with autobox 4wd
the pulsar / rasheen project Z2cz
the pulsar / rasheen project Ulte
the pulsar / rasheen project Scpb

il update the spec on this as we go but lets just say it will be very extensive and should be a total animal when its hopefully all finished by spring, im also considering turbocharging the sr18 engine that's in it and dropping it in a pulsar running it as an auto 4wd but that's for later this year..........

heres the second car which is in such good condition im reluctant to mess around with so il be leaving this in its strock ugly form but with the addition of a few extras such as genuine rasheen nudge bar and spots as well as a few other rare bits from japan.
the pulsar / rasheen project Po0a
the pulsar / rasheen project En9s

hopefully should be able to make a start on this next week and will update the build as we go

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 1:34 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

how come your running it as an auto bob?

3the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 2:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

were not Jamie
that's whats fitted in it at the moment but im thinking of dropping the lump that's in it at the mo into a pulsar and turbocharging it still leaving it 4wd as the only autobox one I know of is fwd from a gti sunny.
as far as I know theres no one that's actually done this to a pulsar so its a grey area as to how much power the autobox can actually take with a bigger cooler fitted

4the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 2:50 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Well! let's get it started!!

5the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 4:01 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

such a fun looking project - cant wait to see how it all pans out !!

did you ever buy the supercharger you were gonna fit to a pulsar b4 these came along Bob ?
If you had that laying about you could always supercharge the red one - just for shits and giggles......if only it was that easy i hear you say ! LOL

6the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 4:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep still got the rotrex charger kit and yes that may well be the case of running the rotrex charger but trying it on the sr18 lump with an autobox as I think the stock or even quaife box has little chance of survival with the lbft torque the charger will make

but that will be an entirely different project for later this year once the first rasheen is built

7the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 5:18 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Well, I did mention this to you earlier, so if you say you can fit the rasheen 1.8 SR20DE motor to a Pulsar running gear then you may be onto a winner. Loads of the Almera SR20DE boys would love to throw their N/a engine into a Pulsar shell, then maybe even turbocharge it later.
Me for one would chuck my SR20VE into a Pulsar shell if it worked and turbo it.

That should mean that the sr20de motor should fit.

I want to see how it goes into a Pulsar. There must be some kind of different transfer box.

Please keep me updated.

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 10th December 2013, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

8the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 6:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes because the normal de block hasn't got the recess to allow for transferbox so this could well be the answer
ive had people contact me already about selling that complete lump with the autobox but may just hang onto it, not made my mind up yet

9the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 7:33 pm

Sparkie

Looking forward to seeing the project take shape.

10the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 9:37 pm

gtirx2

gtirx2

Looks interesting Bob and will make a great sleeper for sure  Cool 

I cant help but think this everytime I look at it though  Laughing

11the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 9:40 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

that rasheen would make a great farm 4x4 for me haha  Laughing even better with 300bhp under the bonnet

cant wait to see the finished result

12the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 10th December 2013, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think bob is hoping for more like double those figures ... Twisted Evil 

13the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 11th December 2013, 11:18 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah should be pushing close to 600bhp but not really talking figures at the mo as its all a bit pie in the sky, certainly not out to break any records
basically im just making it up as we go along and see what ever the end result is is what it is
as long as it spools up fairly quick with minimal lag and is drivable that's what my main aim is

14the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 11th December 2013, 1:51 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

I think I prefer the grill on the white Rasheen compared with the red one. Is that a standard item? Definitely a case of "beautifully ugly"…………………..  Very Happy 

Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

15the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 11th December 2013, 2:41 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

both are Ugly!!! Razz 

16the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 11th December 2013, 2:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah the white one is a 98 model and the red ones a 96 I think dave
there both so ugly I don't think the grill makes much difference really

I am however considering painting the white one in black as I think it will then look like an early Russian state car with a bit of bling on it lol

17the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 11th December 2013, 6:56 pm

vmax85

vmax85

i like it. can allready see the eyes of this fucked up porsche driver when the rasheen sucks his fucking 911 into its turbine and pull over it like a gtr over a beetle hahaha....

plate has to be 911klr Very Happy

18the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 5th February 2014, 6:08 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

been doing a few bits lately to get this sorted
dropped the rear subframe etc and stone guarded the entire bottom (still got underside of arches to do though)
car is straight as a dye underneath with 0 rust and in really good nick.

dropped the powder coated polybushed subframe off my track pulsar and gave it a quick clean up then bolted it up to the rasheen along with the leda coilovers and big rear disc kit and so forth

the pulsar / rasheen project Bgv4
the pulsar / rasheen project Xtmp

next step is to drop the power plant in it but not gonna do that until ive refreshed the lump from my track car and bolted it all together with the dogbox etc

need to make a few mods to front of car though to accommodate the big tubby il be running and charge cooler etc

il update a bit more as the project develops, still aiming for beginning of april but lots to do

19the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 5th February 2014, 9:38 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

And so it begins... Laughing 
Another car im looking forward to seeing once finished Smile

20the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 5th February 2014, 10:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You think your still be aiming for big figures bob .? ..... looking good though  mate  Cool

21the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 5th February 2014, 10:53 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Lol, I am still laughing at the thought of this, can't wait.

22the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 5th February 2014, 11:07 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Bloody hell it does look really clean underneath

23the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 6th February 2014, 11:15 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

nomad wrote:You think your still be aiming for big figures bob .? ..... looking good though  mate  Cool

yep will be big bhp not sure what the figures will be but should deffo be well over 500bhp, the turbos capable of 650 but the drivability is my main concern, it needs to be a drivable power band so il sacrifice topend power for that any day of the week.
realistically if it makes 400 odd bhp but is quick on and off the throttle itll be fantastic and il be more than happy

24the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 6th February 2014, 12:51 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

thumbs up !

25the pulsar / rasheen project Empty Re: the pulsar / rasheen project 6th February 2014, 5:09 pm

Sparkie

Good to see it taking shape Bob will be loads of fun I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum