Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project...underway

+20
Mr B
DaniRS
Bandyleg
ducie54
joe gt racer
DC313
shroom
GTI-R US
buckym120
nomad
PartyPete
luke s
GTIR James
MartyMG
pulsarmoley
Supernova
burrows1980
gtir_pimp
Thermal
Stu
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

76Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 7:31 pm

Daniel232006

The grill is gone :O)
bonnet is being done with clips now

77Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 7:32 pm

Daniel232006

will have some sort of mesh made up also:O)

78Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 8:01 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Looks a nice bit of kit that Smile

79Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 8:17 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks mean, nice work. I didn't realise it replaced the grill etc.

80Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 8:38 pm

Daniel232006

Hell yeah! only way to get it in :O) once all the custom mesh is done too it should look seriously mean...and with a nice shiny alloy header tank going in too...under the bonnet is starting to look the part.

81Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 8:46 pm

shroom

shroom

Shame they didnt spray the PRO were the grill would have been looks great keep us posted!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

82Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 9:42 pm

GTIR James

Looks nice. Will need the bumper trimming on the upper section to get that to fit, also the trim below the headlights will need work.
10 out 10 for short pipe run tho.

83Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 18th August 2015, 9:44 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Looking forward to how it looks once all finished!! Are the intercooler inlet outlets 3" ? What's your target horse power?

84Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st August 2015, 6:34 pm

Daniel232006

The IC out lnlet outlets are kept at 2.5" and going to 3" the RS500 really wouldn't give any benefits. Got to match them up for best performance according the experts who build the kits and the rad pipes are 1.5".
Planning to run between 1.6-1.8 bar through the Garrett turbo I've got...which is the sweet spot or just over Wink
if she makes between 350-400 happy days...but more interested it how we can map it to put the power down!
Once the turbo goes pop its time to go ask big as we can and see what happens!
- thinking custom manifold to move the turbo somewhere special but........that's another story for next year.
Just want to get it on the road mapped and have some fun again!
Realistically 350-375 with bags of torque.

Front bumper wise yeah....plenty of work to do here to get it on and fitting sweetly...playing it a bit by ear :O)

The shortest pipe run was the name of the game with this project.

85Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st August 2015, 6:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What turbo do you have .????

86Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st August 2015, 6:40 pm

Daniel232006

sure its a 2817r....now your testing my memory lol

87Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st August 2015, 6:42 pm

Daniel232006

it will be in Bob's and Lances hands for the mapping (Apex power FC) - leave it to the pro's
Not fused when the turbo goes pop as just a good excuse for a new one lol :O)

88Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th September 2015, 2:53 pm

Daniel232006

Update: Well its nearly finished...Its just been a bloody long time! As the whole thing has become slighly more insane than I ever expected...I've bitten the bullet and gone a different route with the ECU and map in the end. Bob's a hero but also the worlds busiest man and logicticly trying to get my car finished and Bob + a mapper in the same place is difficult.
So i've got with a syvec S6 install in the end...again spending more than planned but feel it will be worth it in the end.
I should be blasting down the roads again at the end of October!
Final pictures and info to follow at that point.

89Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 6:41 pm

dont suppose you weighed your intercooler radiator set up before fitting it

90Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:00 pm

Daniel232006

cheers! No I didn't...it was quite heavy...but not much heavier than what was already in there to be fair (bit of a guess) Have been messing around with the weight balance anyway...Battery now in the boot :O)

Love being different crazy cow

91Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:14 pm

Daniel232006

I will say being difference has cost 3-4 months without the beast Shocked

all the IC mounts and rad mounts are finally done and painted - so she is in. Header tank should hopefully be easier!!
Just waiting on the magic for the pipe work to finish it off is style and then the few other goodies installed...then on my way to Torque Development for the chip and map in the end.
Roll on 17th Oct....fingers crossed should be out and back on the road during or end of that week!!
Then 1st hand will get to see what the boys can do with the Syvec setup :O)
Just really looking forward to getting back out on the road TBH!!!!

92Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:19 pm

what did you have in before forge intercooler and standard radiator

93Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:23 pm

Daniel232006

Standard rad and yeah a bottom mount IC - 60mm core on it.

94Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:28 pm

Daniel232006

It did a bloody good job...I think 99% of people wouldn't of touched or changed it :O)
but where is the fun in that lol...

95Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:30 pm

I've a forge on one of mine and a eBay type radiator
Probably change it to a radtek intercooler and radiator next year

96Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:32 pm

Daniel232006

I think I spotted you can still order them...still £1000 basically.

97Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 25th September 2015, 7:39 pm

Daniel232006

If anyone has any thoughts about where to get a custom manifold done...I'll be starting my research soon enough and then what turbo to go for??
I keep hearing a whisper is my head "twin turbo" but I trying not to and just go for a big as possible to match the IC...even if the manifold brings the turbo across to when I have all the space left from moving the battery...not sure yet....still playing with idea how to finish the build off next year. Long way off yet...just want her back and running 1st lol.

98Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 7th October 2015, 8:11 pm

Daniel232006

Still on track to be done by Saturday...The rad is now mounted...the brackets are welded in as well to slot the intercooler into - all brackets to be sprayed black.
Then the rad, header tank and oil cooler gets plumbed in tomorrow...water kit for the front of the intercooler and intercooler piping gets done on sat....then we are there :O)
Then just the final touches

99Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 7th October 2015, 8:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Project...underway - Page 4 IMG-20151007-WA0002

100Project...underway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project...underway 10th October 2015, 3:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Project...underway - Page 4 IMG-20151010-WA0001

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum