Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abs problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Abs problem Empty Abs problem 18th January 2015, 7:55 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Well my abs ecu was saying the near side sensor was faulty, anyway I've changed that and checked and cleaned the abs ring on the hub but still showing a fault. Any idea's. As it's not taxed I can't take it a good run as maybe there was a second fault after the bs sensor. Hmmmm might be worth a sneaky ride out

2Abs problem Empty Re: Abs problem 18th January 2015, 8:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes ideally it needs to be driven a few miles then recheck abs ecu led for codes of perhaps second fault.
What is the status of the dash warning light, is it staying on or going off after initial ign on self test mode.

3Abs problem Empty Re: Abs problem 18th January 2015, 9:21 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Start car up and it goes off on tickover, as soon as you get to about 5 mph it comes on and stays on

4Abs problem Empty Re: Abs problem 18th January 2015, 9:34 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Actual driving or on stands & in gear !

5Abs problem Empty Re: Abs problem 18th January 2015, 9:48 am

johnboy

johnboy

All problems I've had with ABS is broken wires to the front sensors where it flexes round the suspension leg.
The fault light won't come on until the car's moving. If it doesn't get a signal from all 4 wheels then it puts up the fault light.
The fault codes will tell you which sensor.
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t82-abs-fault-check

6Abs problem Empty Re: Abs problem 18th January 2015, 3:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Done fault code and it said front N/S so changed and checked wires already but still showing fault. Tried it driving down drive and light is still coming on but until I get it on the road I won't be able to check if now it's throwing up a different code

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum