Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

possible fuel pump crazy noise?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty possible fuel pump crazy noise? 16th September 2014, 5:17 pm

mreguest

mreguest

hello,

what is this crazy noise under the car?
https://flic.kr/p/oXMWoG

i think it can only be the fuel pump? is this normal? i think bad stuff is about to happen!?!? Crying or Very sad

sounds like an old dot matrix printer... I can hear it inside and outside the car and it's coming from the tank area.

any thoughts, is it about to die?

cheers,

Adam

2possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty Re: possible fuel pump crazy noise? 16th September 2014, 5:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its could be a bomb  Shocked ..Its hard to hear it over the exhaust mate ....have you got one of inside the car ...

3possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty Re: possible fuel pump crazy noise? 16th September 2014, 5:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah cant hear anything other than the exhaust adam

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty Re: possible fuel pump crazy noise? 18th September 2014, 11:04 am

mreguest

mreguest

cheers for the replies, you can hear the noise if you listen through headphones but don't worry - it is definitely the fuel pump Smile

i quite simply put my ear on top of the tank cover in the boot and can hear the noises, rev the car a bit and it goes away and comes back, it is most noticeable at idle... it's most noticeable because it pulses... got me thinking does a fuel pump do pulses? i don't know why but i thought it would be a constant solid pump pressure rather than what i seem to be hearing as pulses of pump activity???

can't be anything else can it?

cheers!

Adam

5possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty Re: possible fuel pump crazy noise? 18th September 2014, 11:15 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well atleast its nothing major if its the fuel pump..... Wink i dont think it pulses so to speak i always thought it was either on or off..

6possible fuel pump crazy noise? Empty Re: possible fuel pump crazy noise? 18th September 2014, 3:11 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Yes, fuel pump is always on and holds pressure via the regulator on the injector rail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum