Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dual fuel pump wiring

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 3:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Anyone wiring gurus? I'm wiring 2 external 044 pumps. Diagram below is the closest one I could find.

Dual fuel pump wiring  Image

My question is should I run 1 single power wire from the battery to the relays using a single fuse? which will prevent one pump from still running if a single fuse blows because not noticing a pressure drop would be very bad news Shocked both options would just require making sure the right gauge wire and fuses are used.

2Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 8:23 am

I'm no expert but from that I would say it would work fine but yeah depending upon what gauges you have to watch the readings, cause if they are both linked into on them both will fail at the same time and I'm sure you would notice that, but if you had 2 seperate powers then if one was to fail unless you have 2 pressure gauges you may not notice, I think that sounds correct

3Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 10:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Ideal solution would be warning light linked to pressure sensor on fuel line.
You could also have warning light activated by loss of voltage at pump but wouldn't cover all possible failures.
Why you going with dual pump ?
Can see point of 2 pumps on separate circuits & switchable for backup, 2 pumps in anti surge setups etc ...

4Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 10:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Popular setup with 044 is 2 pumps in series, original tank pump feeds the external 044, this increases capable flow of the 044 & keeps it running very efficiently.
Can easily supply fuel for 500hp

5Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 10:44 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I'm running a surge tank under the rear of the car that's made for 2 pumps. It's probably overkill but one pump might be pushing it in the future. So I've decided to run 2 pumps now and then I'll never have to worry about the fuel system again.

If setup correctly it would probably be rare to have a problem with a single pump but thought I'd look at the options so I only need to do it once, if that makes sense Smile

6Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 10:49 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If not needed I would downgrade/tweak your parts to 1 044 & feeder pump.
044 pumps draw quite bit of current so 2 will be extra load on alternator, other issue is 2 pumps like that will be adding more heat to your fuel which not ideal.

7Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 10:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I agree with that however there are plenty of people who run 2 044's. I'm using the factory fuel pump as a feeder at the moment. On that note I might have alternator problems already because I'm also running an electric power steering pump.

8Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 11:04 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Plenty people do but it totally not needed generally unless huge power machine, just my technical view on the setup.
If put 2 pumps I would do it as backup pump that can be switched over if pump 1 fails or circuit 1 fails.

9Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 5th December 2014, 8:53 pm

simigeri

simigeri

Do you have a fuel press sensor?
What it's show on idle?

10Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 6th December 2014, 1:27 am

gtirnick

use a newer sr20de alternator from the b14/b15 chassis that has the 90a alternator, should give u the juice you need.

11Dual fuel pump wiring  Empty Re: Dual fuel pump wiring 6th December 2014, 4:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks B I'll have a think about what I'm going to do.

Yes I do have a fuel pressure gauge, I can't remember what my fpr is set at.

Ah cheers nick, I remember reading that somewhere now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum