Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What clutch is this?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What clutch is this? Empty What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 9:01 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Anyone know what clutch this is? Its a 6 paddle but unsure what make as couldn't see any markings? Was told it was an AP when I bought the car but unsure?

What clutch is this? 868D8823-9915-4CA9-AC77-6F4F612768B1_zpsclsxglq9

What clutch is this? 3C579C4A-A83F-400B-839A-1B28BF98FDA1_zpsjvrdcimy

2What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The only ones that i know of that use blue clutch cover plates is spec   gaz ...

3What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 9:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://zilvia.net/f/drivetrain/473031-frsport-deal-day-spec-clutch-stage-2-kit-nissan-pulsar-gti-r-1990-1995-a.html

4What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 9:35 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

No clutch covers well different to that mate?

5What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 9:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well i thinks rps  are red .... exedy are silver  hks are purple ... not sure what colour fusion ones are ..

6What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 11:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

looks like xtd cover but they are red these days. it is very similar to ap blue

7What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 11:13 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Dis AP do a blue cover jonny? Thought they was just silver?

8What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 11:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

not that I know of I was going to write not that that means feck all but did not want you misunderstanding it as if I was saying it was not what you were told I was meaning the blue on there logo like I say prob means nowt

9What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 11:32 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hmm true, prob wont know unless i took cover off, but to late now as new gearbox is already on lol

10What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 1st February 2014, 11:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

looking more and more like spec but different covers for different stages and nomad's shows a stage 2 the stage 5 ones are different and could even have changed from then

11What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 10:00 am

GTIR James

Looks like a rps to me. Il get some pics up of my old rps.
Is the pedal mega heavy?

12What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 10:02 am

GTIR James

Here is a rps clutch for comparison

What clutch is this? Fordfair2010063

What clutch is this? Fordfair2010055

Hope this helps

13What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 10:47 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep looks very very simar to that Smile what are RPS like had mine 4 years with no issues? But not heard much about them?

14What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 12:58 pm

Have you had the car out on a run yet gaz?

That clutch is in good nick an if it's lasted 4 years at that power it's not bad at all.

15What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 3:26 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:Have you had the car out on a run yet gaz?

That clutch is in good nick an if it's lasted 4 years at that power it's not bad at all.

Yep Drove it home from the garage today Smile& it all seems good, I didn't give it any boost tho as ill gently bed the gearbox in for 50 miles if its been stood of a a car for a while. But all gear chanes feel good & smooth Smile

And yeh clucth is in good nick 4 years old but ive never launched it so that will of  helped save abit of life

Thanks for your help aswell Davey boy :)Id still be there now if you hadn't of helped lol. Much appreciated ya northern monkey  Wink

16What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 2nd February 2014, 6:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

glad the box is all good gaz, told ya it was a good one but obviously saying how long they will last is like judging the length of a bit of string lol

that clutch is as james said an rps cover plate but it may have a different friction plate fitted.
ive driven your motor and it certainly feels like an rps cover plate too

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

17What clutch is this? Empty Re: What clutch is this? 3rd February 2014, 12:39 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers bob yep all good, drove it home today & all seems good Smile

Well atleast I know its got a decent clutch now, as I didn't know weather to believe the guy I bought the car of as I didn't have a recipt for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum