Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

more clutch fun......... not

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1more clutch fun......... not Empty more clutch fun......... not 22nd September 2014, 6:29 pm

hagger

Ok im sorry for asking some more stupid questions but here goes.Does the clutch slave master cylinder piston retract on its own after you push the clutch pedal down or does it use the sprung force of the clutch pressure plate to make it return. I have good pressure in the slave master cylinder (new) and no leaks but the piston wont retract. Im starting to wonder if i have more serious clutch failure. Any info on this greatly appreciated.

2more clutch fun......... not Empty Re: more clutch fun......... not 22nd September 2014, 8:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It should retract back itself ...

3more clutch fun......... not Empty Re: more clutch fun......... not 22nd September 2014, 9:15 pm

hagger

well thats good news ( i think ) maybe i need to go back and bleed it one more time. Cheers nomad ( again ) ;-)

4more clutch fun......... not Empty Re: more clutch fun......... not 23rd September 2014, 6:02 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

hagger wrote:Ok im sorry for asking some more stupid questions but here goes.Does the clutch slave master cylinder piston retract on its own after you push the clutch pedal  down or does it use the sprung force of the clutch pressure plate to make it return. I have good pressure in the slave master cylinder (new) and no leaks but the piston wont retract. Im starting to wonder if i have more serious clutch failure. Any info on this greatly appreciated.

Ask away thats a majour part of this forum and if anyone can help or advise we will wish more members would post something

5more clutch fun......... not Empty Re: more clutch fun......... not 23rd September 2014, 8:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It is pushed back by the release arm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]