Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Base rpm timing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Base rpm timing Empty Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 7:26 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Just ordered a ecu of Bob and he says I should check the timing is no more than 20 degrees at base idle which is fine and easy to do. However here's the thing my car ticks over at id guess about 1100 rpm ( no good looking at crazy rev counter cos it reads 7k most of the time even at stand still) so can I still set 20 degree timing???

2Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 8:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

get someone in the car you trust, like your good wife (as you may need a doc if her foot slips lol)
tell them to slip the clutch enough to drop rpm to around 900 then check and adjust
try it at 18degrees first and see what it drives like

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 9:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Maybe its time for a new set of clocks mate .....i have an automotive electric tester that tells me what the tick over is ....

4Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 9:37 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

nomad wrote:Maybe its time for a new set of clocks mate .....i have an automotive electric tester that tells me what the tick over is ....
My rev counter bounces to the beat of my music when engine is turned off Laughing 

5Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 9:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Maybe its the cars way of telling you ...you got bad taste in music Razz

6Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 10:13 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Not realy... id say its her way of dancing Wink

7Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 10:52 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Is bob really a jedi master ?

8Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 3rd October 2013, 11:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes bob has trained many years to use the force .......  and i dont mean a fooking large hammer Laughing

9Base rpm timing Empty Re: Base rpm timing 4th October 2013, 10:41 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

GTI-R US wrote:tell them to slip the clutch enough to drop rpm to around 900 then check and adjust
This should work. I believe the ECU's idle timing is for RPM values below ~950. Be careful not to bring the clutch out too far (ie reducing the engine speed further), as this will add load on the engine and cause the ECU to alter the timing from its base of around 18 degrees. Ideally you want 900 RPM with minimal engine load to get the best base timing.

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum