Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What clutch

+3
Mr B
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What clutch Empty What clutch 21st June 2013, 7:21 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Hi  
After getting my car tuned by ed @ fusion in march one week later the clutch slipped when i put my foot down over taking ..
So lowered the boost a little (from 1 bar to 0.8 bar )
And it aint slipped since 

Now i will be taking the car off the road for the winter in september and will be changing the clutch over the winter  .
My question is probably a question that has been asked many times

But what clutch do i fit?  needs to easily handle the 330bhp it has at 1bar  and also does anyone have a how 2  on how to modify the clutch fork

Has an exceedy clutch fitted at the moment .  Would want somthing that would be more than man enough  but would still keep the car drivable / useable ,

I look forward to hearing my options

2What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 8:34 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I would go for a minimum of either a helix or ap organic clutch
both are known good clutches and will handle 350lbft with no problems

as for uprating clutch fork, quite simple if your weldings passable
hard to explain but basically just cut a piece of metal to cover the fork face so its flush or slightly overflush at the edges 'do not take it to the edge of the fork where the release bearing sits'
seam weld it all the way round then grind the welds back so its reasonably flush, especially around the curved top part.
you will have to belly the middle of the plate out with a bullnose hammer at the pivot point.
then give it a coat of hammerite and jobs a goodun

weve done probably over a hundred of these in the past and to my knowledge theres ever only been one failiure and that was due to a faulty rps pressure plate.

if I had one I would post you a pic up but I will do next time I make one or perhaps someone else has a pic of one weve made

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 9:11 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would go with the higher rated organic Helix (they do 2).
More than capable of taking the torque but far friendlier on the transmission & ease of use.
Helix feels to take up the power better than the ap on higher rpm take offs as has better bite yet is still perfectly daily street drive friendly.
Clutch fork is an easy DIY project. Maybe worth getting a Nismo pivot ball if can find a genuine one & perhaps check bulk head & pedal box if you have any crunching creaking noises from that area.

4What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 10:08 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Sad i assume an exedy organic doesnt handle the 1bar loop, ive just replaced my clutch thats gutting

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

5What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 10:39 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes it will be fine if its a genuine daiken exedy unit
theres a lot of ebay fakes floating about so you never can tell.

1 bar is only about 270-280lbft torque so should be fine

6What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 11:14 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

mine is not your normal 1 bar pulsar....   heavily modified especially in the breathing department

7What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 12:42 pm

I've known a few people who have had problems with the helix clutch.

8What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 2:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

weve fitted quite a few and every one has been a success (touch wood)
a lot of them have been 400+bhp

9What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 3:45 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Helix has been well tested in Pulsar application & generally liked, had no issues with mine & had it in several years now, mine was the HD cover version
Plates
Helix are daikin ((has D stamped on parts) & exedy is daikin too ...
No longer can see 2 versions of Helix organic, are they only doing the 1 organic now !?
Thought the HD version was rated at 370lb/ft
Could also review Fusion eds stage 2 organic & stage 3 segmented organic kits

10What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 5:33 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ive got an AP 4 paddle in mine, so the previous owner told me. But have no recipt? But it is snatchy as you would expect from a paddle & can be a pain in slow traffic. But never had an issue with it "touch wood" Im used to it now tho & cant fault it. & that's on a 300bhp & 294lb/ft pulsar.

I know Bob was running a Helix organic last year in his track car & he said it was a realy good clutch, I had a little drive of it & it was 1 of the nicest clutches to use, realy smooth bite

11What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 21st June 2013, 6:01 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

yeah its a genuine unit as far as im aware didnt buy from ebay for that reason of excedy dont supply to ebay businesses and cost me near 400 so hope so lol

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

12What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 3rd July 2013, 11:28 pm

houghy_1

Gaz GTiR wrote:
I know Bob was running a Helix organic last year in his track car & he said it was a realy good clutch, I had a little drive of it & it was 1 of the nicest clutches to use, realy smooth bite

That will be in my next R when I finally complete(get started)its makeover :-)

13What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 4th July 2013, 9:04 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

ive been waiting over a month for my helix clutch to come!! Evil or Very Mad apparently helix have ran out of cover plates of something.

14What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 4th July 2013, 9:48 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

houghy_1 wrote:
Gaz GTiR wrote:

That will be in my next R when I finally complete(get started)its makeover :-)

have you not finished it yet matt Shocked 
that was months ago thought you would have been all up n running now with her

15What clutch Empty Re: What clutch 4th July 2013, 10:33 am

houghy_1

Change of plans bob,long story :-(
we got burgled had all our high value and electrical stuff nicked so have now moved out of the 5hithole and replaced all the electrical stuff,so atm I'm a bit skint cos that was the priority over the R,saying our house insurance didn't pay out! Grrr!
So now Instead of just throwing my engine in and getting it running I'm gonna take my time an get the shell sorted and try and do a good job on it,no more 70mile round trips to work on it as I now have a garage and we live in a nicer place so its at our house now not my mum n dads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum