Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

patrick the pulsar

+16
vvlwezz
gtir_pimp
Bones
johnny gtir
Gl3nnGTIR
Rot box revival!
gtirx2
Concrete-GTIR
buckym120
scotty6860
fred05
johnboy
pulsarmoley
Stu
nomad
GTIR James
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 26th November 2014, 12:14 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Sure you've got the vacuum pipe plumbed in James and its pulling vacuum?
Could well be the regulator seized but that's quite unusual with stock regulator

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

202patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 26th November 2014, 8:59 pm

GTIR James

Yep vacuum is on & seems ok. I've had the regulator off & blown it out & it does open. Will check the pipes from the pump etc.
seems strange tho as the regulator controls the pressure

203patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 26th November 2014, 9:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Kinked pipe or the inside is collapsed if its double walled or braided lines ?

204patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 26th November 2014, 9:08 pm

GTIR James

Could be Johnny. I'm using double walled at the tank end & braided lines in the bay.
Will take the return pipe off from the tank & see if fuel comes out.

205patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 7:31 pm

GTIR James

In the end I fitted a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
I don't realy like them but it has sorted my fuel pressure issues.

206patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 7:37 pm

GTIR James

Gave the old girl a good clean. (Was filthy just siting there)

Snow foamed the car. Love this stuff.

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg59_zpsb3aeaea7

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg56_zps267f2ca4

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg60_zps35e5415f

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg85_zpsaf18fb4b

207patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 7:43 pm

GTIR James

Fitted the nomad pillar pod & stack egt gauge. Will get that flocked at a later stage
Think that's enough gauges now

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg75_zps477ee594

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg72_zpse964ec56

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg77_zpsdd069e32

Set idle speed. Checked timing etc. got idle speed down to where it should be

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg93_zps72638531

Omex shift light wired up

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg71_zpsc5ac81a1

208patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 7:45 pm

GTIR James

Will need to get the bumper repainted as it's had a reaction.
I got a quote from my local body shop we use at work & they want £300 to spray a bumper..... Sod that

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Imagejpg65_zps952d5ad6

209patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 8:01 pm

shroom

shroom

Looks like a very nice car. Could you try respraying the bumper yourself? Would be alot cheaper

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

210patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 30th January 2015, 8:34 pm

GTIR James

I painted it myself already mate but it's hard to get the a nice spray from rattle cans for bigger bits like bumpers etc, I may buy a small compressor & have a bash.

211patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 5:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice update mate, getting stuff done thumbsup yeah screw paying that much. I need to paint my side skirts and front bumper. Think I'm going to give some colour matched spray cans a go for now.

212patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 7:49 am

GTIR James

Thanks mate. Worth a go with rattle cans. I did my side skirts & they came up well without any paint reaction. I find the spray pattern from rattle cans not wide enough for bigger panels.

213patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 11:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Woody you got a compressor, if you not already got one get a cheap but half decent lvlp spray gun, charcoal mask, water trap & have a go with some 2 pack as results can be real good & spraying small parts such as bumper & sideskirts easy place to start learning gun etc. End result will be much better/durable plus not expensive as paint/primers will be cheaper over cans.

214patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 11:39 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah B I've got a compressor, I would just have to outlay on the kit you mentioned above, maybe its time for me to man up and learn the gun Smile

215patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 11:57 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh I think worth spending on the kit as not that expensive & cheap but decent gun will give better & easier results than cans.
Easy practice a bit on some old junk & small bits like u painting easy to setup environment for gun painting & reckon you will enjoy doing it & the results ...

216patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 12:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you rub the bumper down where its reacted with some soapy water and 400 wet n dry then bring the car down to me il paint it for you and compound / polish it up on the same day, will do the whole thing for a oner including plastic primer paint and so forth and will be as good as new when finished
£300 is ridiculous
or as said have a crack at it yourself, baring in mind you do need to use a plastic primer or youll have probs

cars looking very good though james, hows the engine now hes redone it?

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

217patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 31st January 2015, 4:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

We're are you based James?

218patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 4th February 2015, 10:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hows the car going any updates ?

219patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 5th February 2015, 9:59 pm

GTIR James

I may take you up on that bob. I'm going to have another bash at painting it over the weekend. It seems the reaction was in the clear coat. I've rubbed it down with. Soap & 400 & it's gone so shouldn't be to bad.

I'm based in south east bones.

I will update over the weekend Johnny.

Cars still blowing a bit of smoke from cold start but I had the car mapped yesterday. It made 370hp with the boost tailing off. So will sort the boost & smoke then it should do 400hp.
At least I can drive it now. Pulls pretty hard now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

220patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 13th January 2016, 9:39 pm

GTIR James

Not undated for a while, main reason being me & my misses have just bought our first house so the house has become the priority over the car.
They say good things come to those who wait........ The car finally has a nice sized garage big enough for the car, to work on the car & all my spares.
Unfortunately the engine isn't looking good. This rebuild I had done by PEC rob @ (performance engine components) has been a smoker from the off.
Obv I'm not mege impressed with this. Now the car is in the garage I will pull the lump out & see what is wrong

patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 3303a7ec3b76fcc1fb93c1ee88b0441a_zpsk8ayy6vz

221patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 14th January 2016, 7:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

About time fella, only joking. Shame about the your engine, you looking to do the work yourself this time?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

222patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 14th January 2016, 7:46 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Sorry to hear the engine troubles. ..
Good to hear you have a decent sized garage to work on the old girl. Major jealous Laughing
I need to get me one of those wing covers to work on my car.

223patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 24th January 2016, 5:12 pm

GTIR James

Yep going to do the engine myself Pete. I don't trust the place who did it before & don't fancy going through all that again

224patrick the pulsar  - Page 9 Empty Re: patrick the pulsar 24th January 2016, 5:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

No i dont blame you, keep us updated on your progress

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum