Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Water in the passenger foot well

+2
GTI-R US
Rickylee186
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Water in the passenger foot well Empty Water in the passenger foot well 10th March 2012, 5:25 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

Guys brought a donor car last week, started work on it today and I could of had a bath in the passenger foot well, any ideas or common problems with this I should look for??
Cheers rick

2Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 10th March 2012, 6:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok could be
sunroof leaking if it has one
door apperture rubber fitted to shell perished
heater matrix leaking

has to really be one of those things

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 10th March 2012, 7:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

or also in the engine bay behind the rh strut where the loom comes through near the abs pump is a rubber grommet its hard to see but on mine it had been pulled out so everytime it rained the water run down the screen and then into the car footwell i manged to get a long screwdriver and popped the rubber back in

4Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 10th March 2012, 11:14 pm

Rickylee186

Rickylee186

Cheers chaps, the engine is out at the moment so I will investigate it 2 mor, if I have no success I have a plan, interior and dash out, lots of talcum powder and a hose lol. I'm sure I will see it then lol.

5Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 11th March 2012, 12:27 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

lol i wouldnt go that far mate just pull the carpet back then get inside the car and get someone outside with a hose its alot of hard work to rip everything out if you can find out roughly where its coming in as in if you see it running down somewhere as you hose it then you will defo narrow it down enough to pin point it Wink

6Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 11th March 2012, 9:39 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Take the front window wipers off and remove the plastic pannel that's behind them and you might find some corrosion under it, I've heard of people having the same problem and there's suposedly a plate of steel under there that's the problem.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

7Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 11th March 2012, 7:11 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

or you could get a friend with a shotgun and blow a drain hole in the footwell Razz not a cause but it is a solution lol

8Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 11th March 2012, 9:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It sounds like a solution lol i never knew about the steel plate thing though stu

9Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 19th March 2012, 10:38 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Steel plate behind scuttle pannel as Stu says. Im in the middle of replacing mine at the min as i had the same problem! Mine had rotten threw. I could fit my fist threw it. & no that isnt my idea of fisting before some smart arse pops up with a smart arse comment! Wink the plate covers the heater vent, so when it rains it escapes threw there in to your footwell.

People have said replace the plate with plastic as its not going to rot in the future! But im struggling to find something that bends into shape easy enough as its not a true fit! Rolling Eyes

10Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 19th March 2012, 10:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldjt know what to suggest as such as ive never looked but something like a mcdonalds tray and then use a blowtorch to heat it up until more plyable then silicone ?

11Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 19th March 2012, 11:06 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

nomad29 wrote:I wouldjt know what to suggest as such as ive never looked but something like a mcdonalds tray and then use a blowtorch to heat it up until more plyable then silicone ?

Yeh thats along the lines i was thinking mate!

12Water in the passenger foot well Empty Re: Water in the passenger foot well 19th March 2012, 11:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Obviously im not condoning stealing or anything tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum