Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Passenger side electric window

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Passenger side electric window Empty Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 9:56 am

mike74

mike74

Before I left the house this morning I went to put the windows down to clear the condensation off them. Drivers side went up n down ok but passenger side no worky at all. Before I go ripping stuff apart and generally getting annoyed at it, is there any common areas I should look at?

I've read posts about the driver side window switch potentially causing this or, maybe the motor's just totally dead?
The engine was running at the time I tried it so can't yet be 100% sure but, I don't think there was any noise coming from it either.
FWIW I tried the switch on the passenger door and it didn't do anything either....

thanks & cheers for now guys

2Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 4:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

could be motor either seized or armature scabby and sat on a dead spot, try hitting the door card near motor area with hand while operating switch and see if get it work or hear any stalled motor sounds.
cables can fray twist up and jam but usually get some movement with that .
I would suspect motor as Scottish weather this time year won't of done it much favours.
Can pull switches and see got power and send power when pressed, if that looks normal pull door card and test for power and earth right at motor harness . can also jump power and earth direct to disconnected motor (swap polarity for up-down) if not got much test equipment .

3Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 8:17 pm

mike74

mike74

Cheers Mr B....although ive got an embarrasing confession to make.
While going for fuel yesterday i must've inadvertently pushed the window lock button without realising it. Switching it off miraculously returned normal operation! I think ill be joining cosmic working on the R wearing a mankini this weekend, lol!

4Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 8:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

lol
get your wives video and put on youtube .
least easy free fix and pulsar gains a point back on reliability :-)

5Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 9:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol atleast it was an easy fix and you didn't go ripping everything apart to then realise what you had done Laughing

6Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 9:25 pm

mike74

mike74

Indeed, still feel like a bit of a pap though! Laughing

7Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 15th January 2018, 10:46 pm

shroom

shroom

Haha

At least you will never do it again.

8Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 16th January 2018, 8:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Its amazing how easy it is to over look the simple things lol

9Passenger side electric window Empty Re: Passenger side electric window 16th January 2018, 8:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah I've done it myself then you have that ..... stop what a twat moment duh ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum