Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the best engine to buy?????

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the best engine to buy????? Empty the best engine to buy????? 7th December 2012, 10:50 am

flukez

i have just swapped my scooby for a gti r but the rockers have gone in the top of the engine i just want to find out if its best to get it fixed or buy a new standard engine or buy one off here whats already been modified???????? can someone help me haha

2the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 7th December 2012, 11:34 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

buying a new head i would think would be the cheapest option

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

3the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 7th December 2012, 1:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum by the way Very Happy. .... I would guess on how mechanicly minded you are and who diagnosed your problem. .... Then you got the other scenarios like what kind of power you want are you going to modify it in the future so would it be cheaper to do it all at this point. ... If your mechanicly minded like digi said get a new head but in the assumption by the time you buy new bolts headgasket etc your talking a good a couple hundred thats if your doing it yourself of course it depends on how big your pockets are lol im not trying to scare you just being realistic how things start with a little bit here and there next thing you know its hit your bank balance harder than a fat kid in a sweet shop Shocked all jokes aside it all depends on prefference really and how much your willing to shell out on it.

4the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 7th December 2012, 2:57 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i built a honda head which was on a "budget", but after the addition on new valve springs, retainers and cam gears and a few other things i soon realised it was going to cost a fortune to build it as i was planning new cams etc, soon hit £1k without camshafts, but obviously as nomad says the other little bits soon add up, head gaskets, bolts etc

but i suppose you get the satisfaction and the peace of mind that you know its all new parts

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

5the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 7th December 2012, 3:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hiya
as above really.....and it all depends on your knoledge as to whether you can undertake the work yourself.

if your looking at upping the power then its a good time to go forged but no matter which way you do it its not cheap!

a good s/h forged engine from us will be between £1800-2,200 dependant upon spec of engine.
a few people prefer engines with a bit of mileage under them plus you've not got to bother with run-in procedure we offer 6 week warranty on used forge engines

we also rebuild engines to spec desired and prices start from around 2k for a basic forge build thats good for anything upto around 480bhp which comes with 3 month warranty (not for competition purposes though)dont think youll find cheaper anywhere!
or
you can build a lump yourself but expect the build costs to be around £1500 for parts and engineering costs, maybe more if either crank, head or block arent servicable

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 14th December 2012, 7:39 pm

flukez

lol thanks alot am not that much clued up as to do the work myself but i have a friend who keeps telling me what to do he keep saying get forged parts forged this forged that Very Happy he is aslo a mechanic and a good 1 he stripped my engine and i have found more problems like the water and oil has been mixing so now am in 2 minds wether to build my engine from scratch or buy a forged engine from use..... i have a question and its does the engines come as a whole or does it just come as a block? like does it come with the turbo ect... please let me know thanks

7the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 14th December 2012, 8:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The oil and water could be headgasket. .. I would check block and head for cracks or get it pressure tested. you buy a whole engine as a general that doesnt include the turbo etc it normally comes with head. Bottem end (together). intake (plenum chamber) flywheel thats about it then you bolt your gearbox. manifold and auxcillarys like alternator power steering pump Starte motor .hope that helps mate.

8the best engine to buy????? Empty Re: the best engine to buy????? 22nd December 2012, 10:11 pm

danr

danr

Probably more efficient to buy a forged R, then sell the bits off you dont need, ie. the car minus engine!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum