Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

possibly front right drive shaft???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1possibly front right drive shaft??? Empty possibly front right drive shaft??? 29th November 2012, 6:20 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

I know when I did this as Bob was in car on sprint day with me, handbrake turned the 180 switchback on the small cercuit and may have fooked the front diff or driveshaft anyway I was out in the GTIR the other night just chuckin her round some back lanes near mine when went round a left corner only doing 45ish got round the corner and the car made a bang and shuddered slightly, it didnt lose any power or anything but certainly didnt sound like it was meant to make those sorts of noises, im going to be looking in to it this weekend could anyone point me in the rough direction of what i could have done on the sprint day as its coming back to haunt me and I really dont want to wreck it by continuing to drive it

2possibly front right drive shaft??? Empty Re: possibly front right drive shaft??? 29th November 2012, 6:39 pm

Could just be diff wind up and the prop shaft is banging about from it, mine does it a lot because of the nismo centre diff. You would find if you broke a front cv joint that the car will become rear wheel drive only (till it fucks the centre diff) and try to change ends on you.

3possibly front right drive shaft??? Empty Re: possibly front right drive shaft??? 29th November 2012, 6:42 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

It hasnt done anything like that yet but there is a knocking sound coming from the frint right when on slight positive throttle so was thinkin maybe a cv joint is gettin knackered.
How do I unwind the diff if it is that or isnt it going to wreck it?
Though in all fairness I do need to spend some time on the car as I have neglected it abit since starting the new job

4possibly front right drive shaft??? Empty Re: possibly front right drive shaft??? 29th November 2012, 6:57 pm

You cannot un wind a diff, check your front cv and lower ball joint and bushes, also a knackered suspension strut will knock.

5possibly front right drive shaft??? Empty Re: possibly front right drive shaft??? 29th November 2012, 7:04 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Oh ok, well I'll be checking all that this weekend and tbh the GAB's on 60mm lowering springs arent up to the job so it needs replacing just need the funds to do it also 60mm front drop is way too low, dont know why it was lowered so much but then again thats previous owners for you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum