Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove Drive shaft??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to remove Drive shaft?? Empty How to remove Drive shaft?? 19th April 2018, 7:30 pm

typeritr

typeritr

So I have 3 drive shafts removed but I can't get the 4th one out. It is the front passenger side.

Do I need to remove all the bolts on the inside part of the shaff? Or just get a crowbar between the shaft and the gearbox and pry it out? I tried once but it didnt pop out, maybe I just need to shove it harder?

2How to remove Drive shaft?? Empty Re: How to remove Drive shaft?? 19th April 2018, 7:53 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Yup, try a bit harder with a bar, should pop out

3How to remove Drive shaft?? Empty Re: How to remove Drive shaft?? 19th April 2018, 8:00 pm

typeritr

typeritr

astarozna wrote:Yup, try a bit harder with a bar, should pop out

Thanks for the help. That's what I did with the other 3 shafts, I just pulled them out. I put the same pressure on this one and it didn't come out. That's why I thought it may be different. I will just keep putting more pressure on it next time until it pops out.

4How to remove Drive shaft?? Empty Re: How to remove Drive shaft?? 20th April 2018, 6:23 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I had to use 2 pry bars on mine, helps stop it twisting too.

5How to remove Drive shaft?? Empty Re: How to remove Drive shaft?? 20th April 2018, 6:34 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cosmic73 wrote:I had to use 2 pry bars on mine, helps stop it twisting too.

That's exactly how I do it aswell. 2 makes a big difference IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum