Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch advice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clutch advice Empty Clutch advice 10th June 2021, 7:36 pm

Andy_tt

So I've got a pulsar running 360bhp. It has a very heavy clutch pedal. I don't know what clutch is in it. Due to health issues I'm really struggling with the current clutch. Does anyone have any recommendations of a clutch that can handle the power but really need a light pedal. The car is only ever used on the road and rarely has hard launches
Any advice will be greatly appreciated

2Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 11th June 2021, 7:07 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Helix clutches are good, run 340bhp for a few years no troubles lighter pedal than most,
I have new one here never used still in box pm me if you interested

3Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 11th June 2021, 5:37 pm

Andy_tt

How heavy is the pedal? Why did you not fit it?

4Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 12th June 2021, 4:34 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Not that heavy, exedy clutches are heavier I bent clutch fork and release bearing with exedy

Just bought it to fit my black car and swap out exedy but head gasket has gone so now that cars parked up in the shed, the helix clutches have a long waiting list, I had to wait 16 weeks for the first clutch which is in my white car, and about 12 weeks for this spare clutch for sale

5Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 12th June 2021, 7:15 pm

Stugtir300

Buy an automatic.sell me the pulsar.

6Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 12th June 2021, 8:19 pm

Andy_tt

Funnily enough I have thought of selling it because of the clutch. And my other car is an automatic! 😂

7Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 15th June 2021, 2:12 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would consider a CC segmented 8pad sprung centre friction plate and match it to a quality light cover plate, which probably be the Helix cover.

8Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 15th June 2021, 6:37 pm

Andy_tt

I'm sure when I did a search on here that people have had issues with cc clutches. Someone has suggested a smaller bore master cylinder so I'm going to try that first and see if that works

9Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 15th June 2021, 10:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I've not had issues with CC clutches yet, they not bad and I have used most options over the decades .
You get people complaining about most brands with clutches and lot of times it bad fitting and not resurfacing flywheels .
You could try change hydraulic ratio, pedal travel stroke will increase fair bit, I made a custom slave for a evo race clutch that made clutch lighter and improved bite control .
generally easier enlarge slave piston diameter if master got surplus stroke cope with it.

10Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 16th June 2021, 5:57 am

Andy_tt

How did you make a custom slave? I would need to know the existing bore size and presumably find another model that has a bigger bore

11Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 16th June 2021, 3:26 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

+1 for getting flywheel re skimmed before fitting clutch

12Clutch advice Empty Re: Clutch advice 22nd August 2021, 5:50 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Andy_tt wrote:How did you make a custom slave? I would need to know the existing bore size and presumably find another model that has a bigger bore

sorry for late reply but my part of the world been a bit crazy .
In my case I machined it from billet as it a custom hydraulic release bearing .
On the GTiR options could be finding something bigger or machining bore bit bigger and making a piston or completely machining new slave as they pretty basic .
your limitation is on the master fluid displacement so some checks/maths need be done see what bore increase is achievable off standard master .
You can also look at moving pivot point on pedal slightly as way gain leverage .
simplest route is quality cover mixed with pretty grabby friction disc and flywheel A1 finished .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum