Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 1st April 2019, 3:01 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good catch can/breather set up for high powered R's? I currently have nothing going from the PCV valve, and the T on the side of the rocker still goes back through the original oil separator and then into the block, the other part of the T goes straight to my catch can and then vents to air. If i take the oil cap off when the car is ticking over, it seems to be breathing heavy. What catch can/breather set up do people recommend?

Thanks Chris.

2CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 2nd April 2019, 12:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

mightydquinn wrote: I currently have nothing going from the PCV valve,

Thanks Chris.

There's your issue!

You need that pcv working and in order for it to work it needs a vacuum source when butterflies are shut.
That allows the valve to open under vacuum from throttle bodies (without that it remains shut which means you only haver one breather active which is not enough.
At other end one part of T should go to induction pipe so when turbo spools it draws spent gases from the rc.

Put it back to stock type pipework and all hopefully all will be good

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 3rd April 2019, 5:39 am

ducie54

ducie54

Some actual factual data and testing from those in the know.

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/Documents/pcvor.pdf

https://www.shophemi.com/images/media/p-2591-p-2273-arrington_ccv_bible.pdf

4CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 3rd April 2019, 8:32 am

DC313

DC313

^^^ Good read that Smile

5CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 3rd April 2019, 9:08 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers Bob, long time no speak! I’ll get it plumbed in! Smile Any trackdays booked this year yet? I fancy getting back out and saying hello now it’s all up and running again!

Thanks for the links pal, I was after a detailed explanation as to why cars in general actually create crankcase pressure and it explains it all very well, a bit more knowledge for me to retain! thank you! Smile

6CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 4th April 2019, 7:13 am

ducie54

ducie54

If your running more than stock boost dont rely on the PCV stopping positive pressure into the rover cover. Run a suitable one way check valve just after the intake manifold. Boomba racing sell the best ive seen.

http://www.boombaracing.com/check-valves/

7CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 4th April 2019, 7:36 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome mate, I dunno where you find this stuff!

Good read, are the AN ones alright to use for this aswell?

8CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 4th April 2019, 8:17 am

ducie54

ducie54

I chat to a lot of people and do lots of research. My setup is like no other on a gtir Smile

Some of the older AN style from brands like Aeroflow and speed flow were ok as they had a flapper disc inside now the newer ones have to much spring pressure keeping them closed. Hence why im using a Boomba racing one.

9CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 21st April 2019, 6:58 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Hey nigel, that link for boomba valves only has 5mm/ 3/16, is that big enough? or should I do some searching for a larger one?

10CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 21st April 2019, 6:35 pm

ducie54

ducie54

They do 6-8-10-12mm. Send them an email as for some reason there website only list 5mm

11CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP Empty Re: CATCH CAN/BREATHER SETUP 23rd April 2019, 5:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah cool, thanks mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum