Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » My New RX-8 Video

My New RX-8 Video

+2
Mr B
johnny gtir
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My New RX-8 Video Empty My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 5:51 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

So I brought an RX-8 off my cousin for next to nothing. Running great with no issues and I find it fun learning about the rotary, using loads of fuel and pre mixing two stroke oil into the fuel.

The car is completely stock and I am refurbushing the stock alloys to put back onto it. I love the sound of the rotary and the red line of 9500 makes it a laugh to drive.

I did a short video which some of you may find interesting, I want to also do one for my Pulsar but haven't had it back yet so this will do lol. Going to Castle Combe in Feb for a track day too.


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

2My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 6:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
moderator
moderator

My partner had one and it was stock,clean and lower miles for its age . Was a very nice car I liked driving it. Heavy on fuel but like you say revs high and drove nice both slow and spirited driving

3My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 6:43 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I take it the clutch light enough that you can drive it :-)
Does look a fanny's car lol ...
look nice and rotary is ingenious concept .
Is a bit red that, looking at your GF's shoes she likes red lol, gonna stand out in farm gates and scare the sheep ...

4My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 7:13 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@Mr B wrote:I take it the clutch light enough that you can drive it :-)
Does look a fanny's car lol ...
look nice and rotary is ingenious concept .
Is a bit red that, looking at your GF's shoes she likes red lol, gonna stand out in farm gates and scare the sheep ...

Haha yes it's lovely and soft to drive although to be fair my backs alright these days (touch wood!) It's not as bad as an MX5 at least! Going gloss black with the wheels and going to tone it down a tad and to contrast with the red,

It's not fast by any means but it's surprisingly agile and pulls well all the way through . At least it's jap and a bit different so not complaining.


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

5My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 7:14 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@johnny gtir wrote:My partner had one and it was stock,clean and lower miles for its age . Was a very nice car I liked driving it. Heavy on fuel but like you say revs high and drove nice both slow and spirited driving

Nice to hear Johnny, fuel economy for me is around 15mpg lol


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

6My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 4th January 2019, 10:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh mpg is serious issue with the rotary lol .
Is nice looking car .
It not french or german and I own a mazda so it good with me lol .
Have fun you tart .
Now both Johnny's partners got rx8, is he down this weekend for a ride to the woods :-)
Have fun at the track ...

7My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 5th January 2019, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
moderator
moderator

No it got sold and replaced with a r53 Cooper s mini

8My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 5th January 2019, 10:57 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@Mr B wrote:Yeh mpg is serious issue with the rotary lol .
Is nice looking car .
It not french or german and I own a mazda so it good with me lol .
Have fun you tart .
Now both Johnny's partners got rx8, is he down this weekend for a ride to the woods :-)
Have fun at the track ...

Johnny can have a ride in my woods any day he likes


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

9My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 7th January 2019, 7:19 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
moderator
moderator

I do like your vids mate. I was never a fan of the shape but I had a mate who owned one about 7 years ago and it drove pretty awesome and was quick, we certainly had some fun times/ skids in it, you'll enjoy it for sure.

10My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 7th January 2019, 8:18 pm

DC313

DC313

Cool vid! Sounds good when you’re reving it even on the stock exhaust

11My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 7th January 2019, 9:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Good video one thing i liked with rx is the suicide doors makes it all abit different i nearly bought one but then read the horror stories with the engines and put me off


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

12My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 8th January 2019, 12:20 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@gtir_woody wrote:I do like your vids mate. I was never a fan of the shape but I had a mate who owned one about 7 years ago and it drove pretty awesome and was quick, we certainly had some fun times/ skids in it, you'll enjoy it for sure.
No

Cheers woody much appreciated. Yeah it's good fun and the rotary makes it a bit different and something to learn about. Certainly gets the back end out lol


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 8th January 2019, 5:02 pm

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@DC313 wrote:Cool vid! Sounds good when you’re reving it even on the stock exhaust

I'm surprised it's got such a rasp to it with it been stock it sounds great in the car

Nomad - yeah I love the suicide doors more room in it than you would have thought too. The rotary engine isn't too bad if looked after and pre mixed etc but is a pain compared to others. I love how high it revs and the smooth delivery so makes up for it somewhat


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

14My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 9th January 2019, 9:57 am

DC313

DC313

@shroom wrote:
@DC313 wrote:Cool vid! Sounds good when you’re reving it even on the stock exhaust

I'm surprised it's got such a rasp to it with it been stock it sounds great in the car

Nomad - yeah I love the suicide doors more room in it than you would have thought too. The rotary engine isn't too bad if looked after and pre mixed etc but is a pain compared to others. I love how high it revs and the smooth delivery so makes up for it somewhat

Have you had any issues with it starting if you start-stop-start when cold? I've heard a couple of issues with these cars with that.

15My New RX-8 Video Empty Re: My New RX-8 Video 3rd February 2019, 12:45 am

shroom

shroom
moderator
moderator

@DC313 wrote:
@shroom wrote:
@DC313 wrote:Cool vid! Sounds good when you’re reving it even on the stock exhaust

I'm surprised it's got such a rasp to it with it been stock it sounds great in the car

Nomad - yeah I love the suicide doors more room in it than you would have thought too. The rotary engine isn't too bad if looked after and pre mixed etc but is a pain compared to others. I love how high it revs and the smooth delivery so makes up for it somewhat

Have you had any issues with it starting if you start-stop-start when cold? I've heard a couple of issues with these cars with that.

No haven't had any issues at all cold hold or any other start. They can flood if turned on and off again a few times but that's just something to be aware of not necessarily a fault. Car is ace and for me is a really good cheap performance car, the rotary engine is amazing and so much fun. I have had a few civic type R and they are dog shit compared to this.


_________________
Now Shagging sheep on the cheap
You wont find one that's for keeps
Spend the money, find a honey

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum