Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine help, blew the headgasket on my GA16S

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Robcool

Hi everyone,

It finally happened, the head gasket went yesterday on my way back home from a fairly long drive, stupidly I carried on as long as I could before it finally stopped (still turns over). Still, I've driven 33k miles in a year and a half, not bad going!
Luckily oil hasn't mixed with coolant but it did start to burn oil just before I stopped the car.
When I try and turn it over now it splutters and tries to start but sounds like air being pushed out which I guess is the warped head.

I'm going to take the head off during the week and check for damage, hopefully I haven't fried the piston rings so I only need to change the gasket and get the head skimmed. If the engine is a write off what are my best options?

1 - Find another GA16S engine which I have found but don't know a price yet

2 - SR20DE swap, what work needs doing and how complex is it? if its easy and going to cost not much more I might as well do that.

3 - Any engines that'll fit that you guys know of or have laying around GA16DE etc

Any help would be great, I want to fix it I don't want to get rid of this car its been too good! I don't have however a massive budget, being an apprentice and renting a house money is a bit tight Laughing

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Robcool

I've been having a look, would a GA16DE fit straight to my gearbox? I've read that it shares the same block and crank as the other GA16's and I've found a few 1.6 Primera's and Almera's I could use to strip the necessary wiring so would be a fairly easy swap?

Also I'm trying to find head bolts for mine, the only ones I can find are for the GA16DE, is there any difference?

Cheers,
Rob

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldn't know I guess a lot of members on here have only dealt with the sr20s so not much help ..

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I tried to do some googling for you mate but I found every limited information. I used to have a GA16de, it was a great engine to drive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum