Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oem headgasket set

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oem headgasket set  Empty Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 3:10 pm

Chickensakf

Hi ppl headgaakets gone on the r, whats ur view on genuine nissan gasket set £142 or cosworth gasket and buying parts i need ie manifold gaskets valve stem seals etc is the genuine gasket set up to the job ? Fairly standard engine with gt2871r and 1 bar loop seems to be standard internals any advise would b great thanks stu

2Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 3:18 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Id just go for an uprated cosworth gasket. Think there about £112

3Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 5:00 pm

Chickensakf

Ok is the genuine nissan head gasket not up to scratch ? work at a nissan franchise so parts pritty easy to obtain and get them for cost. If I do go the cosworth route how do I determine the thickness as few sizes available and also I'm gonna have to get all other gaskets separately which seems to work out about double the price labour isn't a issue as I'm a time served tech

4Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 5:07 pm

11Paul11

11Paul11

I don't know if its the same on the R's but nissan Headgaskets are really good on the 300zx and few other nissans I know czp in the U.S run around 700hp on the standard nissan gaskets with no problems

A lot of the issues of Headgaskets purely come down to some of them being 20 years old

5Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 5:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive just ordered in some victor reinz headgaskets there meant to be very high quality and much better than stock

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 5:38 pm

11Paul11

11Paul11

There's a few of them for sale on eBay at the min isn't there,

7Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 7:58 pm

Chickensakf

It's jst the hassle of finding the other gaskets needed, im realy wanting to have the engine out head off over weekend and away to agra next week, stay outside dundee and they seem best about hear, then back built it back up next weekend not keen on leaving it apart 2 long, bob what u askn for the gasket u mentioned ? Do u have them yet ? Looks like I'm gonna hav to bite the bullet and buy a oem kit and a decent head gasket

8Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 8:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no not yet as I bought all his gaskets he had in stock and more lol

they wont be in till latter part of next week

9Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 8:12 pm

Chickensakf

Ok al take 1 of those please when they arrive, u got any decent crank pulleys, maybe treat my self to a elecy boost controller too if u have? price delivered to scotland if poss

10Oem headgasket set  Empty Re: Oem headgasket set 27th June 2013, 9:59 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

not many crank pulleys left now as sold a lot of them but il have a looky see what ive got

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum